Carnival Pride - how long does it take to disembark?

Monchhichi

I will be renting a car and not sure what time to put down. We would also like to get some food before heading to the airport. Trying to figure out how to plan the day. Thanks in advance for any info.

The itinerary says we arrive a 9am.

Anyone know what happens if I rent the car for 9am and end up getting there a few hours later to pick it up? I shouldn't have to pay more, right? Never had that happen before. I know you get charged if you bring it back late but not sure if you are late picking it up.

Anyone know what happens if I rent the car for 9am and end up getting there a few hours later to pick it up? I shouldn't have to pay more, right? Never had that happen before. I know you get charged if you bring it back late but not sure if you are late picking it up.
If you rent a car for 9:00am and don't show up until noon, you may find that the rental car company assumed you would not arrive and that your car was rented to someone else. Try and be realistic with your time estimate. Remember, you are not going to be at the rental counter 30 seconds after you reach dry land. On the other hand, if you are going to be late, call the rental company and tell them you are on your way, but that you might not arrive for another couple of hours (or whatever the case may be) and they should be willing to hold your car. Billing is based on the time stamp on your rental contract, not the time stamp on your reservation.

The time starts the minute you pick it up
I have rented many a car and I have never had to pick it up, which is good, because I am not that strong (and I believe most people who rent cars are, like me, not strong enough to pick the car up). :)

I will be renting a car and not sure what time to put down. We would also like to get some food before heading to the airport. Trying to figure out how to plan the day. Thanks in advance for any info.

Whe I got off the Pride on March 9, 2008, going through immigration was a nightmare!! The immigration officer working my line was so slow, the officer working the line next to mine finished 20 poeple in the time it took him to do 1 family of 4. We were off the boat at 9:30, however it took an hour to get through immigration. Hope you don't get this guy. This was the worst expierence I've had going through immigration, even off an international flight it was faster!! Good luck! The crusie itself was great so I'm sure you'll have a great time, this immigration thing was my only gripe. Happy sailing

The itinerary says we arrive at 9am.

I cruised on the pride 2/17- 2/24, and we arrived in port at about 7am. The disembarking began at about 8am. You are allowed to carry your luggage off the ship, which could allow you to be one of the first people off the ship. Otherwise, depending on where you are advised to wait and the color of your luggage tag, you should be off the ship no later than 10:30 or 11. It did appear to me that not everyone waited until they were called, because when we got to the luggage area at about 9:30, not much luggae was left.

Ctrain246

It depends what number you are given for debarkation. for instance we got a 1. we were first off the ship. by the time we went through customs & got our luggage it was 9 am.

I have rented many a car and I have never had to pick it up, which is good, because I am not that strong (and I believe most people who rent cars are, like me, not strong enough to pick the car up). :)

Sorry, I come from a family of Lumber Jacks:rolleyes:

We just got off the Pride this past Sunday, and were off the ship by about 7:45 because we had an early flight out of LAX. HOWEVER, the week before, as we were waiting to embark, there was some kind of delay, I think with Immigration, and people were still getting off the ship at 2:00, while we were all sitting outside the terminal waiting to board! Call the car rental company and ask them!

If your flight is not until later in the day-- why not head to the dining room for breakfast...eat in a relaxing atmosphere while relaxing. and be one of the last off the ship by 10-10:30

Is the dining room open in the morning? I thought everything was closed?

We thought we'd rent a car and explore LA for a few hours while we can since it's the same price for us as a cab.

How does self-disembarkation work? Do you get a number too or do you just walk off? Is it hard to get off by yourself? Like, are there stairs? We only have one small suitcase and will be willing to do self-embarkation to get off faster.

Any info would be great.

Is the dining room open in the morning? I thought everything was closed?

We thought we'd rent a car and explore LA for a few hours while we can since it's the same price for us as a cab.

How does self-disembarkation work? Do you get a number too or do you just walk off? Is it hard to get off by yourself? Like, are there stairs? We only have one small suitcase and will be willing to do self-embarkation to get off faster.

Any info would be great.

what time is your flight?

ooo the buffet will be opened..(usually until 9am) as will the photo shop for people to buy last minute photos.

The dining room is opened.. (almsot EVERYone will be at the buffet

self embarkation usually starts as soon as the ship clears. you MUST be able to handle all your luggage. Elevators are available but very slow. (easier to take stairs)

Our flight is at 3pm. We figure that we should account for LA traffic and return of the rental car. Maybe we'll get some food onboard before heading off the ship just in case it takes a long time. I thought I read somewhere that only room service was open but it's nice to know that the other food places are opened too. We don't have any problems with carrying luggage off the ship. We just want to be able to go to a few places in LA before taking our flight back home.

Our flight is at 3pm. We figure that we should account for LA traffic and return of the rental car. Maybe we'll get some food onboard before heading off the ship just in case it takes a long time. I thought I read somewhere that only room service was open but it's nice to know that the other food places are opened too. We don't have any problems with carrying luggage off the ship. We just want to be able to go to a few places in LA before taking our flight back home.

Room service is not available on the last day- should stop delivering about 2-3am.

How busy is the airport? allow at least 2 hours for checking in and getting through security. PLUS to get the car back.

You can also go and ask for early off tags-- which will give you #4 to get off. (1-4 is self embarkation)

Oh wow, didn't know that room service wasn't available. Thanks for letting me know.

Yeah, we were hoping to get the car back to the agency by 1:30pm or so. Basicly, we'd probably have enough time to go grab some desserts (Sprinkles Cupcakes!!! and some Pinkberry) before catching our flight. :D

Archived