Bellissimo Costa!

devine

Here is my review from the 3/9 -3/16 cruise:

Bellissimo!

pixel.gifWe are two single 39 year old girls from Wisconsin. We flew in on 3/9 and embarkation was a breeze ~ room was ready and cocktails were on hand.

Merilyn, our room steward was wonderful and sweet. She learned our routine quickly and never bothered us and the room was always excellent.

The passengers were mostly Italian and Portugeuse and Canadian and French. They were LOVELY! I did not encounter one rude Italian! Listening to my fellow passengers speak in French, Spanish and Italian was music to my ears. Every time an Italian lit a cigarette, one was offered. Every time I caught a European's eye, a smile was returned. Every time I approached or retreated from a table, the European's stood. Their children were all lovely and gracious and I was thrilled to be traveling with such a diverse cultural group of people. The only rude people we encountered was a couple from Ohio and a loud American yelling at her children on Magen's Bay. Other than that the people were lovely.

The crew were mostly Italian and Spanish and Asian. They, too, were lovely. They learned our names, they went out of their way to be sure we were happy and they taught us to count in their languages.

The food was excellent! The pizza and pasta on the buffet was some of the best I've ever had. The restaurant was great as well and the room service was speedy. Every morning they delivered croissants and coffee to our room and they were never, ever late.

Puerto Rico was fantastic - we ate in the square at a Middle Eastern restaurant, bought soap from a New Jersey native and drank in the clubs. The live music in the clubs was wonderful. St Thomas was Magen's Bay, breathtaking but crowded. Private island in DR was gorgeous and La Roma was beautiful but dark and quiet. Even though we were warned how could we not leave the ship? We asked the crew for advice on what to do and we took a taxi to the Marina where luxurious yachts were docked, ate the best sushi in the world, outside, overlooking the yachts ($70 for two - sushi, chinese, cocktails, coffee), bought great coffee and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Nassau we had cocktails and beer at Cafe Europa and shopped a bit.

We didn't go to any shows and although we looked at the fitness area, and it was lovely, we didn't have time to utilize. My friend had a spa service and was very pleased with her massage and with Argentina, her masseuse, who by the way was so sweet and spoke 7 languages!! The Fortuna was gorgeous, the officers in the smoking lounge were fantastic and taught us about the ship and the stabilizers. El Capitan was very gracious and always had kind words.

It was the trip of a lifetime! When in Rome, do as the Romans. If you're not interested in other cultures, aren't willing to embrace all things Italian, and have no sense of adventure, this trip is not for you. Thank you Costa for your gracious hospitality!

This cannot be!

Something is very wrong!

Costa is at the root of this , I am sure!

What is happening to these boards. I cannot believe that the majority of the cruisers liked their cruise on Costa .

I have been very worried that Costa has put something in the food or drinks. I will be forwarding these posts to the food and drug administration and they will for sure see that something is wrong. Where were they dumping all that bad food everyone has been talking bad about. Where did they hide all those rude Italians that always ruin the Americains' trips.

How could the ship always be clean, I am sure it was an optical illusion!

What is the world coming to,it cannot be true, has Costa really improved. What are all the RCL and Carnival and Princess cruises to do now. We should all call in the army or maybe the FBI or maybe the CIA!

All joking aside glad you had a wonderful cruise and glad you went on the cruise with an open mind and at least were open enough to realize that the world is more than just all English and all North Americain. Europe has so much to offer us and that is were most of of culture started.

Ciao! :)

This cannot be!

Something is very wrong!

What is happening to these boards. I cannot believe that the majority of the cruisers liked their cruise on Costa .

I have been very worried that Costa has put something in the food or drinks. I will be forwarding these posts to the food and drug administration and they will for sure see that something is wrong. Where were they dumping all that bad food everyone has been talking bad about. Where did they hide all those rude Italians that always ruin the Americains' trips.

What is the world coming to,it cannot be true, has Costa really improved. What are all the RCL and Carnival and Princess cruises to do now. We should all call in the army or maybe the FBI or maybe the CIA!

All joking aside glad you had a wonderful cruise and glad you went on the cruise with an open mind and at least were open enough to realize that the world is more than just all English and all North Americain. Europe has so much to offer us and that is were most of of culture started.

Then you have the reality that some people didn't experience the issues with Customer Service because they had no reason to (Out of Sight, out of mind) :D

My wife and I will not be going on Costa again, even though we had a pretty good time.

Hello there, my comments were not based an any one review, I stated that the Majority about 98% of reviews coming in right now are not only positive but Very Positive. My response in whole was on the sarcastic side and should not be taken seriously. I have stated in my review that I did not care for the dinning room service but did not let it ruin my whole vacation. There are so many things that could go right or could go wrong on a cruise, I chose to remember the positives. If Costa is not right for one person that is O.K. with all the cruise lines out there one must just keep searching for a cruiseline that fits their lifestyle. If you check all the past cruises taken by all the people that have been submitting reviews they have been on all the cruise lines that come in and out of Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Did they all have a Perfect time, I doubt it but the general experience was positive. If you concentrate on the bad dinning room service a few of us have had we are all laughing amongst eachother and exchanging funny scenarios, that is the way I see life and I just like to have fun and not dwell on one specific thing.

Please re-read my review and I did mention many things that were not perfect but I would go back in a heartbeat.

Hello there, my comments were not based an any one review, I stated that the Majority about 98% of reviews coming in right now are not only positive but Very Positive. My response in whole was on the sarcastic side and should not be taken seriously. I have stated in my review that I did not care for the dinning room service but did not let it ruin my whole vacation. There are so many things that could go right or could go wrong on a cruise, I chose to remember the positives. If Costa is not right for one person that is O.K. with all the cruise lines out there one must just keep searching for a cruiseline that fits their lifestyle. If you check all the past cruises taken by all the people that have been submitting reviews they have been on all the cruise lines that come in and out of Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Did they all have a Perfect time, I doubt it but the general experience was positive. If you concentrate on the bad dinning room service a few of us have had we are all laughing amongst eachother and exchanging funny scenarios, that is the way I see life and I just like to have fun and not dwell on one specific thing.

Please re-read my review and I did mention many things that were not perfect but I would go back in a heartbeat.

I was having fun with my response too. There is much that can go wrong.. you just have to make the best of it!

As for customer service, on my recent cruise on the mediterannea, at 130 in the morning my room card wouldn't work and i did not want to awaken my cabin mate, so i went down to what so many posters called the dreaded customer service desk dreading the worst...Much to my surprise,i rang the bell, within a minute or 2 was greated by an italian young lady,explained my problem, we shared a laugh, she reprogrammed my key and off i went..No rudeness at all....just a random experience worth sharing,especially because of the time of day:cool:

Hello there Bobar just to let you know we had very good service the the front desk. My wife and I went for a de-maged room card and other issues and was greeted by a smiling young Italian lady who laughed and quickly had us on our way. Best customer service desk I have ever encountered both on land or sea. The only trouble I had was that my wife said I smiled to much when the young lady came out....like dah, I'm married not blind!:cool:

The Europeans and Italian officers are happy to buy drinks for new friends!

Sure they buy drinks for two single 39 year old Girls. Let's see if anyone buys this Married 41 year old Married dude a drink. If they do they've got a friend for life.

Devine- Thanks for the review.

Cheers!

This cannot be!

Something is very wrong!

there are also many americans passengers tha spoils cruises to the classy italians. that are many .much more than u can imagine. think of the rude italians next time u dream to drive a ferrari or to wear an armani jacket

Ciao, speramo que tutto va bene. Io sonno uno Canadese ma il mio padre venne da Gubbio de la provincia de Umbria et la mia madre venna da Avellino.

I have always said that when people say ­that all Italians are rude they are wrong. There are rude Italians there are rude Canadians and of coarse they are rude Americains. We should stop generalising just so we could justify ourselves in letting everybody think that only the Americains have manners and class. I travel often to Europe and I meet many Americains that pretend to be Canadian because they say they are afraid to say they are Americain....that in itself says something. However I do not say or believe that all Americains are rude or bad. I have met many many nice Ameicains on all my travels and they happen to be my neighbours to the south who have shared in many of our triumps and defeats. I always say the world is made up of more than just USA or Canada. You are right when you say that most of the sought ofter cars, jewellry and fashion that the Americains so highly prize are Italian. Do not let your judgement be clouded by the very few Americains that give a bad name to the mostly nice, friendly and entertaining majority.

If my response offends anyone, let me assure you that was not my intent, just wanted to let everybody know that rude people come in all shapes and sizes and can come from any country. If people do not like Europeans do not go on a European Cruise Line

Ciao!:)

thank u for this reply. actually in italy i've never met anyone thinking that americans are know as classy people, maybe because we have a lot of americans here ( us army). of course there are rude and unknowledge people evrywehre und of cours ein italy as well. unfortunately if u sail with costa or msc ships along mediterranean in summer it's easy u'll find most of the rude and unknowledge people u can find in italy. once on costa fortuna a bar tender asked me where was i from and when i answered that i was italian he asked me how come i was able to speak english.... the problem is that many times americans don't undertsand us. once i heard about a guy that made a cruise i think on royal caribbean and another guy asked him if it was true that us italian on saturday evening have pizza, dance tarantella and play mandolino.... another thing that us italians notice a lot is that americans when they go on "their ships" are all very formal and elegants and so on and when they come to our ships they behave completely different. for examples they wear sandals with socks....this is just an example

Archived