First Cruise Emerald Princess

Grant320

My husband & I are new to cruising and have booked a 12 night med cruise with emerald princess on 29th june rom venice to barcelona for our silver wedding anniversary which falls in October

Any tips would be appreciated to make this a memorable occasion :)

If you want to learn about the Emerald and have the time start reading

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2008/03/26/the-emerald-princess-meeting-the-friendly-crew-and-being-askedare-you-famous/

This is a blog being written by John Heald, a CD on Carnival, who is currently sailing on the Emerald. So far everything he has written is true. We were on her 3/5-3/15 and she is a beautiful ship.

We did this cruise last September and it was wonderful, sailing out of Venice was so special. We did every trip with Princess. Rome was fantastic, we did Rome-the Eternal City trip. I could type reams and reams but won't. That was our first cruise with Princess and we are cruising again this year with them. Hope you enjoy yours.

My husband & I are new to cruising and have booked a 12 night med cruise with emerald princess on 29th june rom venice to barcelona for our silver wedding anniversary which falls in October

We did this trip in the fall of 2005 & it still is my favorite cruise of all. It was also our first trip to europe, so that may have been part of the thrill. Just make sure you have good comfy shoes as there is a lot of walking on narrow cobblestone streets. I so envy you!:D

Jan

We did this cruise in reverse last August and I am soooooo envious of you! It was unbelievably fantastic...you are going to have the time of your lives. There really is so much to say about it that I don't think I could do it all here but I'll give you a couple of tips.

1. Definitely bring some good walking shoes...you will need them. Also, bring hats...you'll be glad you did. The sun is relentless in some of the ports...especially in Turkey and Greece.

2. Book anytime dining if you haven't already. This cruise is VERY port intensive and we found it so nice to be able to lie down and take a little power nap before getting ready for dinner. Plus you can ask for a romantic table for two on the nights when you don't want to mingle.

3. If you like some quiet cocktail time together before dinner, check out the Adagio Bar on the Sun Deck next to Sabatini's. We went there every night and had the place almost to ourselves most of the time. Great martinis, live piano music...very relaxing after a long day of trekking.

Congrats on the anniversary. DH and I loved the Emerald so much we're cruising her again next Spring for our 20th anniversary!

You will love the Emerald! We have sailed on her twice in the last 6 months and have another one booked in 2 weeks (the Transatlantic to Barcelona). It is a beautiful ship and the crew is the best we have ever seen. Congrats on your anniversary and enjoy the Emerald Princess!

Archived