Gem Spinning Classes

Hi

We where on The Gem this March and they had 3 Spin Classes. I believe they are on the Sunday, Tuesday and the Friday. The Sunday and Friday time was 3pm and the Tuesday was 4pm. It was $30 for the 3 classes plus tip.

The gym has bikes as well which you can use any time.

Hope this helps

Hi

We where on The Gem this March and they had 3 Spin Classes. I believe they are on the Sunday, Tuesday and the Friday. The Sunday and Friday time was 3pm and the Tuesday was 4pm. It was $30 for the 3 classes plus tip.

The gym has bikes as well which you can use any time.

Hope this helps

Yes ... this is correct. You have to buy all 3 classes for $30 (charged the 1st day) and they were indeed on Sun @ 3pm (1st sea day), Tues @ 4pm (Great Stirrup Cay), & Fri @ 3pm (last sea day).

There are ~16 bikes total ... so you need to definitely sign-up early. It was indeed full w/ people on a wait-list. Towels are provided ... bring your water and wear biking shorts, if needed.

The 1st & 3rd classes were done by Terrence (NCL show performer) ... and was very intense but was very motivationally-entertainingly led. The 2nd class was done by Ian (fitness instructor) and differed from the others ... but was still very well done.

DH enjoyed all the spinning classes and would definitely do it again on the Gem. He is an avid mountain biker-racer as well as a road rider and cyclocross competitor ... and provider of above info ;)

Thank you for the info! If I am interested, where should I sign up once I have boarded (because I want to get my spot!)? Thank you

Once you've boarded ... go directly to the gym ... do not pass Go ...

only kidding :D

Actually, there's a "Fitness Center Open House" from Noon-4:00pm (as of the 3/15-3/22 cruise) that you can sign-up for the spinning classes at ... it's located on Deck 12 Forward.

I arrived there ~2pm embarkation day to sign up DH and there were ~5-6 people already signed up. Don't know when the others signed up ... but DH did say it was full w/ some turned away by the time the class started at 3pm the next day.

Archived