Princess Air - Lax/vancouver - Whittier

notnormal

Hi - just wondering if anyone who has booked Princess air for Alaska this summer - Vancouver to Whittier - has gotten air info yet? Thought some of you early in the season cruisers may have already gotten your itineraries. We aren't going until much later in the summer, but I am anxious and curious to see (or hear) what we might end up with! We will be flying from LAX to Vancouver the day of the cruise and then back to LAX from Anchorage at the conclusion. Wondering what airlines and flights might be used?:confused:

I booked Princess air from Anchorage to Vancouver -- I was routed Anchorage - Seattle - Vancouver on Alaska Airlines. {I have subsequently paid for a deviation and am now flying direct from Anchorage to Vancouver on Alaska Air.}

Budget Queen and Tully07 - thanks so much for your input. I really appreciate it! Anyone else out there with any information? Anyone cruising in May with Princess received their flight information yet?

You didn't post how much the cruise line is charging you.

I hope you realize IF there are any problems with your flights, you may miss some or all of your cruise. Doesn't matter what the problem is-mechanical/weather/crew/security-with a cruise air ticket, you are STUCK dealing with the originating carrier. If there are NO seats available on the next flights, you are STUCK waiting until there are seats available.

Cruise air tickets are sold in consolidator class and you arrive the DAY of the cruise. NOT a lot of time for any glitches. You may also have to deal with PSA IF you miss your departure in Vancouver. Last summer, some were allowed to board the ship at the first port, some were not. Some paid the PSA fine of $300, some did not.

Self booked tickets, flying in the day before the cruise, LAX/YVR and ANC/LAX are running about $400.00. Yes, you have to pay for a hotel and yes, you will have to pay for transfers. But flying in a day before, especially from LAX, almost GUARANTEES you will make the ship. If you want to save a few more dollars and have a really spectacular scenic trip, fly into Seattle, take the train the following morning to Vancouver. Even with a night in Seattle and $28.00 per person for the train, the savings flying into Seattle instead of Vancouver are usually $100.00pp. And you get a little extra sightseeing.

IF you have NOT made final payment, please post your dates. We will all try to help you get the BEST for the least.

Archived