Does RCI honor price drops?

This will be our first cruise with RCI, we are usually Carnival people. I know that after we booked, if the cruise fare would drop, we could call Carnival and they would honor the price drop and give us the difference in on board credit. Does RCI do the same?

:) :D Yes, I booked a cruise for June, and the price dropped 4 times! i GOT the drop each time.. the worst that can happen is they give you cruise credit.

The only thing i have to say; never book w/travel agents, because its harder to get the price drop! I always book direct, that way I OWN the reservation, and I dont have to wait for the travel agent to call.. because a lot of times, the price drops within 24 hour period; the travel agent gets less commision, so they dont like to give you credit.

If you book direct,RCL is always willing to give credit.

Check often, i do everyday!!

Good luck! :) and Happy Cruising!

This will be our first cruise with RCI, we are usually Carnival people. I know that after we booked, if the cruise fare would drop, we could call Carnival and they would honor the price drop and give us the difference in on board credit. Does RCI do the same?

As stated by others, the answer is "yes", RC will honor price drops, unless it is a "special for new bookings only", such as the Tuesday specials.

This means RIGHT UP UNTIL SAILING, *not* just until final payment. :)

we booked in 02/08 for 06/02/08 sailing on majesty. i recently read about these price dops myself and was able to already find a price drop of approx. $200.00. i check daily now. we deal directly with RCI an they were very helpful with the credit for the price drop.:)

good luck!!!!

I have been checking Daily for two months now! Yesterday, 3/29, I saw an $80 reduction in cost (about a 14% savings) for a residency discount (based on the state you live in). I called right and they didn't even blink...I received a total discount of $180!! I don't think it applied to the 3rd person in our cabin since they are already about 1/2 price, but $180 is $180!!! All my time on the computer has paid off....literally!;)

I have been checking Daily for two months now! Yesterday, 3/29, I saw an $80 reduction in cost (about a 14% savings) for a residency discount (based on the state you live in). I called right and they didn't even blink...I received a total discount of $180!! I don't think it applied to the 3rd person in our cabin since they are already about 1/2 price, but $180 is $180!!! All my time on the computer has paid off....literally!;)

How exactly do you find out about residency deals? I'm logged in but can't see where to go to see if there may be any for my sailing.

How exactly do you find out about residency deals? I'm logged in but can't see where to go to see if there may be any for my sailing.

Go to the RCCL.com site, on and search for cruises, there is drop down menu for the state you live in, over 55+ and military, check all that apply and submit. Then keep booking like you would normally until you get to the cabin page. If a discount is present for your selections it will show TWO prices for the categories it applies to. Hopefully this makes sense. If you see a cheaper price and it is not "for new bookings only" like the Sales events on Tuesdays then call whomever you booked through to get the reduction. If you booked through a TA be warned that not all will honor them.

I have a great TA because he always gets the price drops for me. He says what he "loses" in commissions is made up more in future business. On our trans-Atlantic last year, he got a $100 off the day before we flew to Barcelona to catch the ship. On one of them, he was initially denied it because of confusion with a past passenger certificate I had submitted (it was for $100 off the booking which he had already gotten and the new one was just a general drop in price of $50). He had to go up a couple levels to get them to understand that the certificate had nothing to do with the price reduction. What originally started out at $1K eventually was $500 with various price adjustments and by switching from an inside to an inside "guarantee" (which turned out to be a cabin across the hall from our originally assigned one). I think we had three reductions in all. However, I have heard people with TA's would ask about a reduction and told it was "for new bookings only" or "not available" for some reason which was not true because the TA didn't want to lose the commission. If your TA won't get it for you, it's time to find a new TA (lol).

Tucker in Texas

Since our category of cabin is sold out, how would I recognize a price drop? I have seen reductions in "Balcony" category on the RCCL site, but of course the web page lists the cheapest balcony category. I have no way of seeing if it applies to our Balcony category, or how much it might be. Thanks

Since our category of cabin is sold out, how would I recognize a price drop? I have seen reductions in "Balcony" category on the RCCL site, but of course the web page lists the cheapest balcony category. I have no way of seeing if it applies to our Balcony category, or how much it might be. Thanks

If your category is sold out you won't see a price decrease as they have no reason to lower the price, sorry! You might however want to check the categories above your cabin as you could get an upgrade for little money, we moved from a D1 to a JS for only $200 once :D

###

Ouch! Upgrade from our D1 to JS is still $3,000 per person! But have several months. Will keep checking. Thanks again.

6000$ to go to a JS????:eek::eek::eek::eek:

No kidding!! Keep checking Hockeymom :D

We just got our first price drop in 10 years!

###

Ouch! Upgrade from our D1 to JS is still $3,000 per person! But have several months. Will keep checking. Thanks again.

6000$ to go to a JS????:eek::eek:

It *is* a 12-night cruise, not a week. But I have never seen a JS priced THAT big a jump above a D cabin, either. :eek:

Your category is sold out.

JS are the only available suite cabins left on the ship.

It doesn't look good. Your only hope is final payment day: Keep your eye on the website after April 13. Good luck!

Merion Mom is probably right. Not much chance of a price drop and even less of upgrading to a JS. But, I will keep checking. Five minutes ago, there were two D1s avail. Five minutes before that, there were none. So, you never know. And yes, it is a 12 day cruise and the JS really is $12,000 for two people!!!! Thank you all for the help.

Merion Mom is probably right. Not much chance of a price drop and even less of upgrading to a JS. But, I will keep checking. Five minutes ago, there were two D1s avail. Five minutes before that, there were none. So, you never know. And yes, it is a 12 day cruise and the JS really is $12,000 for two people!!!! Thank you all for the help.

Keep checking, it was way after the final payment when we were able to upgrade to a JS. They offered a JS guarantee during the Memorial Day holiday weekend and our cruise was scheduled for the last week in June :)

###

Archived