Mariner or Freedom of the Seas

We are thinking about a 7 day cruise in December. Have looked at the Mariner and the Freedom of the seas.

Have not been on either ship, but have been on other RCCL ships.

We have looked at the reviews of both ships and it is hard to choose.

I would appreciate your views.

Slowpoke

EmeraldSeas 79’

Sun Viking 83’

Carnival Ecstasy 94’

Navigator of the Seas 05’

Jewel of the Seas Jan 07’

Coral Princess 12-07

I have been on Mariner 6 times, DH's favorite ship. Port is easy to get in and out of. Also been on Freedom. I loved the Freedom, quite different from the Mariner sized ship. So much more is offered. But, it depends on what you are looking for. They are both very nice ships and offer great cruises. We have also been on the Liberty in Feb ( daughter got married on that ship). My adult children loved that ship and what it offered, about the same as the Freedom. I personally like the Freedom best, we never had a problem with the amount of people on the ship. Never waited to long in any line for anything. Which ever ship you choose you will have a wonderful time. Good luck in making your decision. Hope this helped. I will say though I thought the food was a little better on the Mariner, maybe because they aren't feeding as many people.

I've only sailed on the Mariner (loved her so very much!), but I will give you something to think about - the Mariner will reposition to California after this year. If you'll be cruising again in the future, then maybe choose Mariner this time and try Freedom next time? Or not... Have fun deciding! :D

Archived