Shipping Luggage

I live in Los Angeles and I was wondering if anyone has successfully shipped their luggage to Italy, either to a hotel in Rome or directly to the ship in port. My kids are on various monthlong programs in other countries just before our trip and will be joining me in Rome for our cruise. I wanted to ship their cruise luggage either to our hotel in Rome or directly to Legend of the Seas. I would appreciate any guidance. Thank you.

I have found lots of companies on the internet who ship internationally. The range in prices is amazing, from $80 ground ship via USPS to a luggage concierge at $1300! Someone suggested we just buy what we need when we get there, which may be an interesting idea. Thank you for the tip on the LATimes. I am going to go and read it right now.

I am hoping to hear from someone who actually used one of these companies successfully.

My husbands family lives in Europe and we send packages frequently overthere. Shipping is not reliable. At Xmastime I mailed the package the week after thanksgiving and it did not get there to mid Jan and this is with first class mail. For easter I sent the package the last week of Feb and it got there on good friday, I would not send the package it would be cheaper to pay an excess baggage fee than to ship.

Lexi

My husbands family lives in Europe and we send packages frequently overthere. Shipping is not reliable. At Xmastime I mailed the package the week after thanksgiving and it did not get there to mid Jan and this is with first class mail. For easter I sent the package the last week of Feb and it got there on good friday, I would not send the package it would be cheaper to pay an excess baggage fee than to ship.

Lexi

Wow, very disappointing service for USPS! I have to ship ours because we are on a small plane between Geneva and Rome and the airline will not guarantee that our luggage will make it with us if there is a weight problem with the aircraft. Of course, they didn't tell me that before I bought the plane tickets. All these interesting little quirks when you travel . . . it will be okay though because my daughter will have left for Spain on June 19th and our cruise isn't until August 4th, so I think it will be good for her to have a new set of clothes just for the cruise. I did get a good referral from someone who has used www.luggagefree.com so I think I will probably go with them.

Archived