New to Regent..tell me about PG!

pboedeker

Eric, is correct about the air credit if you don't take the air included in the cruise price. However, it depends on when you are traveling and from what location. I've always found that Regent's air to Tahiti was always cheaper from eastern locations and especially Canada then I could find online unless I was willing to book and go within the short time frame that Air Tahiti Nui seems to be on sale in their off season. Maybe when I'm retired I can jump on those air specials but it's hard for most people to just up and leave work within the limited sale time that those sales are offered.

Or if you are lucky enough to have enough air mile points to get there then the air credit would be an even added bonus.

Pat

One more thing, especially if you want a balcony, BOOK EARLY! In November 2006 we tried for a balcony cabin for July 2007, and we were too late. So we booked the June 25, 2008 sailing, and a year out we were only able to get a "C guarantee." By now we have a cabin assignment, along with our flights--booked through Regent--and a two-night pre-cruise stay at the Radisson in Tahiti. I'm really excited about this--first trip on PG, although we've done a couple of trips on the Navigator in the Caribbean. We love Regent. And I suspect that working with a TA who knows the line is very good advice. (We do.)

Karen

We leave tomorrow to fly to Tahiti to board the PG after spending 2 nights at the Radisson. After reading all the posts about PG can't wait to see what the reality will be like. We spend another night at the Radisson before we fly home on the 13th. Now to see how truthful you all are. Will let you know when we get back - it's our first time for Regent.

You cant beat Regent. You arrive late in the evening and are met with champagne and taken to your suite.We thought we had died and gone to heaven when we stopped at Regent's private" motu". Caviar,drinks in coconut shells, brought to you on a raft as you cool off in the water. The whole trip was fabulous. They do have water sports etc off the back of the ship .Of course Tahiti is so beautiful, hard to believe how pretty.......

The day on Regents private motu was just heavenly . . . beautiful, perfect service, activities, alone space, great food, perfect . . . compare that to the two beach party days we had on SeaDream's bragged about "cavier in the surf" sheesh, it was horrible . . . not private, no toys brought out, constantly had to get our own drinks from way up at the bar . . . you'll love the motu day on PG! (we were lucky, we had a 1.5 days there due to being New Years). A highlight was lying half in the water/half beach while on the little island just across, three little local girls walked by holding hands and singing a song and everyone just stopped to listen . . . we were all nursing NYE hangovers at the time and it was still touching . . okay, that just sounds weird now, but truly, PGs motu day is incredible.

Archived