Fuel supplement to be refunded

PaulMedik

:D

You might want to edit that... ;)

I know what you're trying to say, but it isn't very coherent.

She was just missing some comma's.. it was totally coherent..:D

This, for those of you who have not noticed, is a correct statement. The folks that had booked prior to this date will get an OBC or refund. If you booked prior to this date; and your cruise is in the summer, fall or next year, the fee will not be applied because you booked before Nov. 6th 2007....

Typing sucks;) :D

This, for those of you who have not noticed, is a correct statement. The folks that had booked prior to this date will get an OBC or refund. If you booked prior to this date; and your cruise is in the summer, fall or next year, the fee will not be applied because you booked before Nov. 6th 2007....

You better be careful. Its only monday and you just used half your comas for the week!

[pedantic]Snorkel2Much[/pedantic] :D :p

You might want to edit that... ;)

I know what you're trying to say, but it isn't very coherent.

You are correct about my wording...Let us do this without so many words.

Just saw the report on WFLA 8 news here in Tampa.....

If you booked a cruise on any Carnival line before Nov 7th 2007 and have paid this surcharge on a cruise (that you have already taken)...it will be refunded.

If you are now paid in full for a cruise coming up (noting you deposited before Nov 7th 2007) you will get an OBC.

If you booked ( before Nov 7th 2007) and you have a cruise in the future you will not be charged the fuel surcharge.......

That is as plain as I can make it.

Even after a 6 pak and 2 wines with dinner...LOL....Burp.....:D

Hope this helps.........;) ;)

She is a "HE" as in jesse"mon" not jesse's"mom".......But thanks for almost understanding everything in my post........:p :p

You are correct about my wording...Let us do this without so many words.

Just saw the report on WFLA 8 news here in Tampa.....

If you booked a cruise on any Carnival line before Nov 7th 2007 and have paid this surcharge on a cruise (that you have already taken)...it will be refunded.

If you are now paid in full for a cruise coming up (noting you deposited before Nov 7th 2007) you will get an OBC.

If you booked ( before Nov 7th 2007) and you have a cruise in the future you will not be charged the fuel surcharge.......

That is as plain as I can make it.

Even after a 6 pak and 2 wines with dinner...LOL....Burp.....:D

Hope this helps.........;) ;)

Except that:

a) Most of this has been repeatedly explained earlier in the thread -and-

b) The part I've bolded is not correct, we are still going to be charged the fuel surcharge on our May 1st cruise, but it will be returned as an OBC. All sailings after 6/23 will get refunds. This was also explained earlier upthread.

Except that:

a) Most of this has been repeatedly explained earlier in the thread -and-

b) The part I've bolded is not correct, we are still going to be charged the fuel surcharge on our May 1st cruise, but it will be returned as an OBC. All sailings after 6/23 will get refunds. This was also explained earlier upthread.

That is because by now most of these (as of your date posted) have had to be paid in full. After that date there will be no charge if booked before that afore mentioned date.....LOL.....:confused: :D :confused: :eek:

A BIG THANK YOU for all that posted about the Fl. AG getting involved and how to contact them and register your complaint with others (I did). If we didn't stand up for what was SO wrong...

jus·tice premium.gifthinsp.pngspeaker.gif/ˈdʒʌsthinsp.pngtɪs/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[juhs-tis]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1.the quality of being just; righteousness, equitableness, or moral rightness: to uphold the justice of a cause. 2.rightfulness or lawfulness, as of a claim or title; justness of ground or reason. 3.the moral principle determining just conduct. 4.conformity to this principle, as manifested in conduct; just conduct, dealing, or treatment. 5.the administering of deserved punishment or reward. 6.the maintenance or administration of what is just by law, as by judicial or other proceedings.

Well, that says it all. And where are all the other posters that said "It had to happen, just pay it, if you can't afford $35 you have no business cruising, stop whining, there's nothing you can do, etc...

I say since they were all for it, they should ABSOLUTELY NOT ACCEPT THE REFUND!!! And if they have any moral conscience (and grow a pair) they won't! Anyone feel the urge to start a thread?

Cheers to all that hated it!:D

I sailed on Holland America in Nov 07. Will I get a refund since Carnival owns HAL?

Robb

The surcharge was announced Nov 7th, 2007 and went into effect for cruises that sailed Feb 1, 2008 and later. This means:

a) You never paid the surcharge

b) You aren't due a "refund" on a charge you never paid.

I sailed on Holland America in Nov 07. Will I get a refund since Carnival owns HAL?

Robb

No. As stated earlier in the thread, the fuel surcharge only began in FEBRUARY.

I feel like these posts should be posted as informational, with no opportunity for anyone to reply. ;)

Gotcha. More then likely credited to the first two account folios per room.

Gonna shoot our PVP an e-mail and see what he says, he'll probably refer me to a supervisor, but I don't see where his daughter & her family should get the obc when they never paid for their cabin to begin with, I feel he should get his money back, not them. He's already footed the bill for the airfare round-trip and the cruise for the 4 of them, he should get the break of the credit.

Sorry for not providing more details initially. I'm at work and received five emails from my broker about the fuel refund and checked and it wasn't posted yet and I was too pleased about my OBCs that I had to share! :D

I have both letters saved from Carnival but I can't figure out how to post them on here. My scanner doesn't work.

All bookings prior to November 7, 2007 sailing on or after 2/1/08. You must have had your deposit made prior to 11/7/07 to get the credit/refund.

hmm, I booked my Oct 08 cruise in July 07. Made full payment in Feb 08. Should I assume I will get a cash refund? I don't really care. I would love another onboard credit. $100 for booking with a group and $80 for the fuel charge. I'd be happy as an umbrella in a drink of the day.

I was paying the surcharge but not happy with Carnival's business practices. Happy to get it back but disappointed that Carnival had to waste the time, energy and money to fight this.

Archived