What if it rains?

Quincella

I've been looking forward to my sunny beach day forever, but today it occurred to me....what if it rains? :eek:

I'll be in Coz next week with my two young children and it looks like it might be raining the whole time we're there. Ok, so they don't really know this far out, but seriously, I've always been lucky with sunny days (or sporadic showers, which are ok too) and have no contingency plan.

Suggestions?

I've been looking forward to my sunny beach day forever, but today it occurred to me....what if it rains? :eek:

I'll be in Coz next week with my two young children and it looks like it might be raining the whole time we're there. Ok, so they don't really know this far out, but seriously, I've always been lucky with sunny days (or sporadic showers, which are ok too) and have no contingency plan.

Suggestions?

Its not really rainy season yet, if it does rain wait a little while and its gone. :)

Excellent point!

It has rained nearly every time we've been to Cozumel, but all you have to do is wait a while and it will blow over and be sunny again.

The worst time was December before last when I took my kids (5 and 7 at the time) to Paradie Beach. We left the ship at 10 AM and it began POURING as we walked to the taxi area. It was literally flooded by the time we got to a taxi. No one was anywhere - I think people were hiding in the shops, or just staying on the ship. We were soaked to the bone and by the time we got to Paradise Beach my kids were cold, wet, and miserable. We sat for an hour or so, waiting for the rain to stop, shivering in the restaurant area. But the sun DID come out and we were able to salvage our day. Had it been a warmer time of year it wouldn't have been too bad, but it was really cold that day! Other times it's been more like a 20 minute shower, then sunny again, with maybe another brief shower later in the day.

Even if there's a 100% chance of rain, you can be sure it will most likely not rain all day, and you'll have plenty of time to enjoy the beach.

Normally rain is gone within 30 minutes, but it can poor more..options are a good Mexican lunch with great atmosphere for example at la Choza, you can visit the museum of Cozumel on the main avenue...or go snorkeling ;)...you wont get wet from the rain and it is fun! good luck!

it is located right on the malecon. It has alot of info. on the island, natives etc....very cheap entrance fee ,a couple of bucks, I believe. The restaurant upstairs has awesome breakfasts. Total time for museum viewing, maybe 1 hour.

Archived