Unusual finds while snorkelling, etc?

cpizzull

Thought I'd start a thread to see what people had found underwater while snorkeling, or even diving. And what made me think of this you ask...well, my little lucky find of course..........

While snorkelling about 25 yards offshore, at Mayan Princess in Roatan, I came across a 5 dollar bill wrapped in the sea grass at the bottom. What a beautiful site it was, especially since I first thought it was a fifty, ha. Here's a pic> http://groups.msn.com/ThePizzulloHomePage/cruise2008.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1185

Of course, the sea has to give back much more before we are even. I lost a pair of prescription sun glasses on one cruise, and on this same cruise here, during the very last swim in Cozumel, I actually lost my snorkel and mask while floating on my back. Duh!!! The sea giveth and the sea taketh away! ;o)

Hope to see some pics here too!

So I'm the only one that's ever found (and lost) anything? ;o)

An addendum to the above entry....while I had the $5 crumpled in my hand, I was posing for a picture while in the water and actually lost the money. I had to search for it again, and ended up finding it 5 minutes later. You would've thought I lost my wedding ring or something, ha.

While snorkeling in St Thomas we found 2 credit cards belonging to the same person. We spent the better part of the day going up and down the beach asking people if they lost them. We did not find them and when we got back to the ship we asked the purser to find out if there was a persn by that name on our ship. No such luck. We did manage to call the credit card company and at least have them pass on the message that they were not stolen.

While snorkeling in St Thomas we found 2 credit cards belonging to the same person. We spent the better part of the day going up and down the beach asking people if they lost them. We did not find them and when we got back to the ship we asked the purser to find out if there was a persn by that name on our ship. No such luck. We did manage to call the credit card company and at least have them pass on the message that they were not stolen.

I bet they won't be buying that brand of 'water pouch', or whatever they are called, again!

When snorkling in Puerto Vallata, my wife thought she saw an eel... on closer look it was a broom handle!

After mistaking an old diaper for a jellyfish, we concluded that the water was just too polluted for good snorkeling!

When snorkling in Puerto Vallata, my wife thought she saw an eel... on closer look it was a broom handle!

After mistaking an old diaper for a jellyfish, we concluded that the water was just too polluted for good snorkeling!

:eek: Note to self.........DO NOT snorkel in Puerto Vallata:eek:

I once unknowingly snorkeled around a big rock formation and into a cove where (unbeknownest to me) there was a nude beach. I don't think I need to explain the unusual things I "found" in that water...

While snorkeling a couple of years ago in Playa Del Carmen, I thought I found a treasure chest. :eek: Imagine my disappointment later when I got the photos developed and found out it was just a concrete block!:rolleyes:

While snorkeling a couple of years ago in Playa Del Carmen, I thought I found a treasure chest. :eek: Imagine my disappointment later when I got the photos developed and found out it was just a concrete block!:rolleyes:

Could have been worse, could have been someone's feet firmly emedded in it! :eek:

While snorkeling in Labadi Haiti on a RCL cruise we were about 40 - 50 ft out from the shore near the mountain looking at the fish and we look down and it was a sunken plane! what an amazing site, we sat exploring every inch of it... not too big, probably like a single engine.. fun though!

Thought I'd start a thread to see what people had found underwater while snorkeling, or even diving. And what made me think of this you ask...well, my little lucky find of course..........

While snorkelling about 25 yards offshore, at Mayan Princess in Roatan, I came across a 5 dollar bill wrapped in the sea grass at the bottom. What a beautiful site it was, especially since I first thought it was a fifty, ha. Here's a pic> http://groups.msn.com/ThePizzulloHomePage/cruise2008.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1185

Of course, the sea has to give back much more before we are even. I lost a pair of prescription sun glasses on one cruise, and on this same cruise here, during the very last swim in Cozumel, I actually lost my snorkel and mask while floating on my back. Duh!!! The sea giveth and the sea taketh away! ;o)

Hope to see some pics here too!

I really did find a snorkel and mask Freeport.

after typing my post I got a "page cannot be displayed" error message. GRRRR:mad:

While snorkeling in Maui, I saw a guy drop his sunglasses and he didn't know it. I tried to retrieve it and forgot I had a snorkel mask on so I ingested some Maui water:eek:

I told him to retrieve them at the bottom which he did and he was grateful I saw it cuz they were expensive RX sunglasses. Not sure why anyone would snorkel with prescription sunglasses since you can't use them with a snorkel mask.

Not sure why anyone would snorkel with prescription sunglasses since you can't use them with a snorkel mask.

You wanna bet? ;o) Before contacts, I would take my prescription glasses apart so all I had was the lens frame with lenses. I was then able to snuggly fit that into the goggles. Voila. Ha. That wasn't how I had lost my prescription sunglasses, however. I was riding waves trying to keep above water when a big wave came and got the best of me. Doh!

Anyway, some great responses on here so far. And $240!! Wow, that appears to be the best find so far, unless the credit cards were used! ;o)

You wanna bet? ;o) Before contacts, I would take my prescription glasses apart so all I had was the lens frame with lenses. I was then able to snuggly fit that into the goggles. Voila. Ha. That wasn't how I had lost my prescription sunglasses, however. I was riding waves trying to keep above water when a big wave came and got the best of me. Doh!

Anyway, some great responses on here so far. And $240!! Wow, that appears to be the best find so far, unless the credit cards were used! ;o)

It was a great find...however he was real..lets say thrifty:rolleyes: and refused to spend it for about two years! He kept it in a box with other stuff...it was "treasure". I'll have to ask him if he still has the money clip.

Archived