Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodder1971

Cabo Wabo?

I looked in the port forums about Cabo Wabo. Just one small question, how far away from the port it it located? Do you have to take a cab or is it within walking distance?

Thanks, Robin and Keith

It's within walking distance.... Healthy walk but it's an approximate 15- 20 minute walk from where the tender drops you off.

Thank you sooooo much. My boyfriend became giddey with glee when he realized this bar was in our first port. We get to take a cooking class in my port.

sounds like a fair trade off (lol)....the patio bar should be open and of course the restaurant will also be open. The main night club will be closed but you can still walk through it.

Our first time to Cabo Wabo the main lounge was closed, but second time, same schedule, it was open. Of course it was Sammy Hagars "meltdown birthday week" Be sure to hit the "Giggling Marlin" for a good time too. After that, you may need a guide back to the ship.

We will be there next Tuesday on the Spirit. Is there anyone out there traveling on the Sammy Harger cruise? I would like to know the details about the concert Sammy is doing and how I can get in to see the show.

DW and I went in Feb and sat on the back patio for a few hours enjoying the band that had set up. We met some others from another ship and drank some grande margaritas and beers. It's a bit pricey for Mexico, but you are paying for the name.

It was definately a highlight of our cruise.

Gecko7:D

Our first time to Cabo Wabo the main lounge was closed, but second time, same schedule, it was open. Of course it was Sammy Hagars "meltdown birthday week" Be sure to hit the "Giggling Marlin" for a good time too. After that, you may need a guide back to the ship.

The Giggling Marlin...we must have missed that one...where is that near in Cabo and I am assuming its a bar? Thanks!

I was on a "sammy" cruise last April on the Pride. They had several private performances on the ship and a concert as soon as we arrived in Cabo. The concert started at like 9am (lol) and it was hilarious to see all the middle age people so drunk as they attempted to get back on the tenders to ship. Not sure how you could attend the performances if not booked as part of group.... but I am sure there is probably a way.

:D They will give you a map when you get off the ship. I remember walking this way for a while and then went that way. I remember less walking BACK to get to the tender!:p

Be very careful of the tequila in Mexico.... It is a lot stronger than what you get in the states... Also at Cabo Wabo they have their special "Waborita's"... forget those, go for their regular grande margaritas... OMG they are wonderful... Was there in March, sat on the patio, listened to their awesome band and then all of a sudden shots of tequila were going around along with the margaritas... Oh my! Let's just say, some of us stumbled back and the others had to take a taxi...still don't know how I made it back to the ship! Great tequila tho:eek:

Thank you sooooo much. My boyfriend became giddey with glee when he realized this bar was in our first port. We get to take a cooking class in my port.

Actually Cabo Wabo is overrated IMO. Go and have a few drinks. Just because. Then catch a cab to Medano beach and hang out at the beach bars......much more entertaining and fun.:)

Loved the Waborita's! Hubby tried getting me to leave behind a souvenier for the bar:eek: No way!

Ask any of the crew for directions. I bet even your specialty shopper would be able to help you out.

i thought it was a long ass walk....and almost gave up, had to stop twice to ask for directions and then barely found it...lol...i will admit to being directionaly challanged, but if my sister and son didn't want a tshirt they were about to get nada

Thanks for the map. Sounds like Madono beach is a blast to. Also sounds like I will need a cab to get back anyways. If you know what I mean.

I personally love "No Worries" in Cabo. You can see it across all the boats when you get into port. I has a large lighthouse on it's roof.

Watch out for the guys offering to take you to the moon. No little white powder for me!

Here is a link to an even better map of Cabo. It is dragable and zoomable (ok, so those are made up words). Hover over an area and you will see what it is. You can see, Cabo Wabo, Giggling Marlin, El Squid Roe, Medano Beach, etc. Pretty much, everything a cruiser would want.

Enjoy Cabo

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=22.882067&lon=-109.90772&z=16&l=0&m=a&v=2

We stopped on our way back from an excursion to a beach when we were on our Princess cruise last Oct. Our bus driver stopped and let us out. We walked back to the pier. Not a bad walk. It was very humid since the day before a tropical storm had moved out but very walkable. It's not a huge place. We ate in the restaurant area which is open (covered, but no windows) overlooking the street below. We basically had an appetizer and margaritas. It was fun and our bill was in Pesos. "Huge" amount...over 300 pesos (a little over $30 when we got our cc bill). We didnt' go into the bar area, but quite a few people did since they weren't looking to eat, just drink.

harleygirl; oh ya "The Giggling Marlin " is a bar. Be sure if you go, to get hung up by your ankles for a tequila shot and a spin. Or have your partner do a jello shot off your stomach. Watch our for the rooster!

wwakla; There sure have been a lot to leave a souvenior!

Here is a link to an even better map of Cabo. It is dragable and zoomable (ok, so those are made up words). Hover over an area and you will see what it is. You can see, Cabo Wabo, Giggling Marlin, El Squid Roe, Medano Beach, etc. Pretty much, everything a cruiser would want.

Enjoy Cabo

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=22.882067&lon=-109.90772&z=16&l=0&m=a&v=2

Thanks for the link!

DW and I went in Feb and sat on the back patio for a few hours enjoying the band that had set up. We met some others from another ship and drank some grande margaritas and beers. It's a bit pricey for Mexico, but you are paying for the name.

It was definately a highlight of our cruise.

Gecko7:D

Pricey your not kidding. We were there in October 07. Two baskets of Nachos and 4 lemonades came to 40 bucks. Insane.

Watch out for the guys offering to take you to the moon. No little white powder for me!

Oh, wow... I heard this several times down in Cabo on Friday. I had no idea that was what they were pitching....

HM36Drugs-Are-Bad-Posters.jpg