Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodder1971

Cabo Wabo?

Oh, wow... I heard this several times down in Cabo on Friday. I had no idea that was what they were pitching....

They also ask if you "want to go fast" or "want to go slow."

Does Madano Beach have any little shops? dd wants to go for the bars but dm wants the shops. dw and I are going either way.

They serve a pretty darn good Margaritta for about $5 US. Much better than you will get on the ship.

They most always ahave a band playing... either outside on the patio or inside. I really enjoyed the outside better.

It's only a 10 minute walk if you know the way... 20 minutes if you don't... and 45 minutes back to the ship after spending a few hours there... :D

Pricey your not kidding. We were there in October 07. Two baskets of Nachos and 4 lemonades came to 40 bucks. Insane.

That was your problem... you were drinking lemonade instead of tequila! :cool:

Does Madano Beach have any little shops? dd wants to go for the bars but dm wants the shops. dw and I are going either way.

Medano beach does not have any shops but there will be a whole bunch of strolling beach vendors. You will also walk past many shops if you at least walk the Marina before catching a short cab ride to Medano Beach.

Thanks, I will let her know. I'll be looking for the tequilla at Wabo & Medano. I am sure there is plenty of that.

Be very careful of the tequila in Mexico.... It is a lot stronger than what you get in the states... Also at Cabo Wabo they have their special "Waborita's"... forget those, go for their regular grande margaritas... OMG they are wonderful... Was there in March, sat on the patio, listened to their awesome band and then all of a sudden shots of tequila were going around along with the margaritas... Oh my! Let's just say, some of us stumbled back and the others had to take a taxi...still don't know how I made it back to the ship! Great tequila tho:eek:

Ditto this!! Best margaritas I have ever had, but oh my, should not have had the second one!

That was your problem... you were drinking lemonade instead of tequila! :cool:

Your probably right, but if I had to drink tequilas I'd be on the floor and would of never made it back to the ship. Just can't drink. Don't like it at all. :eek:

Also at Cabo Wabo they have their special "Waborita's"... forget those, go for their regular grande margaritas... OMG they are wonderful...

Waborita's are just okay (Mine are better :rolleyes: ), however the "I Can't Drive 55" are my drink of choice at the Cantina!!! Careful, the limit is 3..... after that you may need help back to the ship!

So what's in an I Can't Drive 55?

DH and I will be in Cabo in October. Coincidentally a friend of mine and her DH are on another ship, but will be there same day / same time. We've agreed to meet up and go to Cabo Wabo.

Another drink worth looking at are the Rainbow Shot's at "Rips". It's an outdoor, locals bar that also has a lot of Cabo regulars (timeshare owners for the most part). Great place to hang out. It's in front of Cabo Wabo and right next to Taco Loco (also good if you get hungry).

Don't ask what's in the Rainbow Shots, just bottoms up.