West Bay vs. South Shore for Ziplining?

DolphinFan

We have a group of people taking the Victor Bodden Tour and some of us are going to be dropped off to zipline and then meet up with everyone at a beach. My question is..which area is better for ziplining (West vs. South) and which beach is best?

We have a group of people taking the Victor Bodden Tour and some of us are going to be dropped off to zipline and then meet up with everyone at a beach. My question is..which area is better for ziplining (West vs. South) and which beach is best?

We did this a couple of weeks ago. South shore is only a couple of minutes drive from the West Bay Beach area. Our driver dropped the zippers off, took the rest to the beach and then went back to wait for the zippers. It was a fabulous day.

Enjoy

Sandy

We did this a couple of weeks ago. South shore is only a couple of minutes drive from the West Bay Beach area. Our driver dropped the zippers off, took the rest to the beach and then went back to wait for the zippers. It was a fabulous day.

Enjoy

Sandy

Is West Bay the best beach to snorkel? Other than ziplining, all I want to do is snorkel and relax on a beautiful beach (well that and maybe tip a few back..lol).

Actually, South Shore Canopy zip-line is only 2 minutes up from West Bay beach. The nam may throw you off, it's located on the south shore but in West Bay beach. You will have plenty of time to do zip-line then beach rest of the day or vice versa.

Is West Bay the best beach to snorkel? Other than ziplining, all I want to do is snorkel and relax on a beautiful beach (well that and maybe tip a few back..lol).

Hey Dolphin Fan

It is really pretty. We had day passes to the Mayan Princess. The water is very clear for snorkeling, but there is not as much coral close to the shore as I thought that there would be. There are short casual boat trips from the beach out to better reef areas for snorkeling. Because we have zipped twice in Roatan, next time I will try Fins and Flippers for snorkeling and tipping back a few. ;)

enjoy

Sandy

Actually, South Shore Canopy zip-line is only 2 minutes up from West Bay beach. The nam may throw you off, it's located on the south shore but in West Bay beach. You will have plenty of time to do zip-line then beach rest of the day or vice versa.

Perfect..thanks for clearing that up..was getting pretty confused :-)

Hey Dolphin Fan

It is really pretty. We had day passes to the Mayan Princess. The water is very clear for snorkeling, but there is not as much coral close to the shore as I thought that there would be. There are short casual boat trips from the beach out to better reef areas for snorkeling. Because we have zipped twice in Roatan, next time I will try Fins and Flippers for snorkeling and tipping back a few. ;)

enjoy

Sandy

What zipline did you use and would you recommend one over the other and why?

What zipline did you use and would you recommend one over the other and why?

We used South Shore and Jungle Canapy. Both were very good. Jungle canapy has a slight edge, but if I was planning on the beach, I would do South Shore because you loose valuable time traveling between the Jungle and beach. It is a beautiful drive but then we did loose snorkeling time, my favorite activity.

enjoy

Sandy

We used South Shore and Jungle Canapy. Both were very good. Jungle canapy has a slight edge, but if I was planning on the beach, I would do South Shore because you loose valuable time traveling between the Jungle and beach. It is a beautiful drive but then we did loose snorkeling time, my favorite activity.

enjoy

Sandy

I love to snorkel as well but my BF wants to make sure we zipline over trees with views and not asphault! Which one is the prettiest?

I love to snorkel as well but my BF wants to make sure we zipline over trees with views and not asphault! Which one is the prettiest?

You won't see much asphalt regardless of where you go in Roatan! LOL! You will see what I mean when you get there...

As the other poster said, either will be a great choice. I've been to the Jungle Canopy at Palmetto Bay and the Pirates Canopy Extreme Zip and loved them both. My favorite of these two is the Jungle Canopy -- I LOVED zipping "inside" the jungle, as opposed to zipping "over" it at the Extreme. But, I did enjoy the nice long zips at the Extreme!

From the pictures on their website, the South Shore looks like lots of fun...and very beautiful, too!

Have a great trip -- and tell your BF not to worry about asphalt! :D

You won't see much asphalt regardless of where you go in Roatan! LOL! You will see what I mean when you get there...

As the other poster said, either will be a great choice. I've been to the Jungle Canopy at Palmetto Bay and the Pirates Canopy Extreme Zip and loved them both. My favorite of these two is the Jungle Canopy -- I LOVED zipping "inside" the jungle, as opposed to zipping "over" it at the Extreme. But, I did enjoy the nice long zips at the Extreme!

From the pictures on their website, the South Shore looks like lots of fun...and very beautiful, too!

Have a great trip -- and tell your BF not to worry about asphalt! :D

Thanks!

We did South Shore last week and loved it. It was our first time zipping and they use a safety line, which some don't and that made us feel safer. We did scuba and snorkeling through Luna Beach Resort and loved it also. We had hired Diane and Cynthia's taxi service and they shuttled us around in a nice 15 seater van to both places as well as pointing out several interesting sites along the way. This was the best port on our cruise!

• 1 month later...

ukbballfan- Just wondering how the timing worked out for your day in Roatan. I will be there from 9am-4pm, local time. I would like to do the Extreme Zipline and a one tank scuba dive, but don't know if there will be enough time :confused:

Thanks

Who are you all using for your zip lining excursions? Do you have a link to a web page?

Thanks......Heading that way in July :o)

I know our group is using Victor Bodden Tours (boddentours dot com). Some of us are going to zipline and some are taking a tour. We will all meet up at the beach in the end.

• 3 months later...

I've seen that for $65 pp you can be picked up from the pier, taken to South Shore Zipline, then West Bay Beach, and then back to the pier. Is this a good price or can you do your own transportation + the zipline for less?

We just got back from Roatan and did the South Shore Canapoy and had the time of our lives!!! Our ages ranged from 10-50 and everyone had a great time. The staff was wonderful!

We had a large group and used Victor Bodden Tours. Part of our group did the tour of the island and the rest of us ziplined. We were picked up after ziplining and taken to West Bay Beach, which was hands down one of the prettiest beaches I have ever seen. next time I go to Roatan, I would love to spend the whole day there! Our cost for ziplining, transportation to West Bay back and forth to the ship was $55 (ziplining) and $25 for the transportation..WELL worth it!!

To MTAggie. 65 bucks don't sound to bad. If you know Spanish it might be better to rent a car. Roads are small, rough, and sometimes congested, but it is wayyy cheaper. Also, no road is clearly marked. But like I said, if you know Spanish, you can ask anyone for directions. If you do NOT know Spanish, pay the taxi/excursion fees. I repeat, if you do NOT know Spanish, pay the taxi/excursion fees. You will spend valuable time trying to get a car. And remember, you still have to pay for gas (which is wayyy expensive) and you will also have to leave a deposit with the car rental place in case you wreck the vehicle. It is about a 900 US dollar charge they will hold on your credit card. Yes, 900 US dollar hold. But, this will be refunded if you don't have an accident. And also, the roads are VERY rough (some are dirt with lots of rocks) and if you have a flat it will ruin you whole day. 65 bucks don’t sound to bad now does it? lol I can give you they e-mail of the lady that helped us if you want.

Archived