October cruise

jat

Hi we have got two weeks off in October never been on a cruise - always end up going to the med because we hate flying and we like sitting by the poole with a drink-- most of the time with the odd occassional trip--- but now we are getting older would like to see a bit more of the world so we thought cruising would be ideal would really like the caribbean but dont no what the weathers goin to be like and havnt a clue what would be suitable for us- dont want anything to hectic (lcatering for 18- 30yrs wanting to party) sad I no a couple of years would have been great:o good entertainment and plenty to do during the day and good food and drink can any one help please thankyou:confused:

Depending weather or not you get a storm is the big issue, we have cruised the past few hurricane seasons and never had a problem. Last year on the Legend (wonderful ship) There were 5 depressions floating around and the captain went around them all so we had no idea. I have pictures outside of Honduras where the ocean looks like glass! Give it a try and find out for yourself!;)

We love to cruise in October! One of the best months for prices that we have found. There are usually less children on board as they are in school at that time of year. Although it is nearing the end of hurricane season, and the weather is usually still nice and warm, that is something that I would never take a chance on, and not have travel insurance. All things considered I think you would love cruising in October.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

We took our 1st cruise last summer, had a great time. Obviously summer being prime family time there were lots of kids. In October there probably would not be near as many since kiddos will be back in school.

I personally would choose a larger ship, we were on the Conquest, we never had any problems with motion sickness or rough seas. BUT, you never know what mother nature has in store for us.

I would suggest going to the review board and start reading some reviews from some of the different ships you might be interested in and see what strikes your fancy. Keep in mind while reading you will read some good and some bad, that being said....you'll hear it over and over on this board and it is soooo true...

your cruise is what you make of it...go with a great attitude and don't let someone elses ignorance or rudeness affect your attitude. I can honestly say on our cruise I don't remember ever seeing anyone that wasn't smiling, laughing and having a great time. The food was awesome, entertainment great, ports were great, your waited on hand and foot for 7 days....what more could we ask for? Go for it!!

We sailed the Liberty in August and the Captain did a wonderful job of keeping us posted of Hurricane Dean which hit Jamaica 2 days after we left. We did not experience any rough seas, at least that I noticed. We are booked to sail the Valor on the 5th of October. It is a 7 day with 3 ports and 4 sea days. Keep that in mind, if you want a lot of ports or more sea days to relax.

we cruised both of our cruises in october, and weather was great nearly every day. never had any really rough seas, only one night it rocked enough to feel. only a few kids each trip, and temps were in th mid 80's daytime, and mid 70's at night. we went to the bahamas, honduras, belize, and mexico. were on carnival and had a fantastic time. we are early 50' s and there was just the right party atmosphere when we wanted, and plenty of time just to relax by the pool. would recommend either of the two ships we were on. now in the planning stage for the next one.

doug

Personally I go for October, like the OP said, better prices and less kids...seemed like a more laid back crowd...as for weather...it's hit or miss..no matter what time of year you cruise...I can only remember one time when we skirted a hurricane and then we were out of it in a day...one cruise it rained a LOT, but I just sat on the balcony and read and listened to the waves...soooooo relaxing...join us on the Legend Oct 5th...ya can't go wrong...:D

Our 1st cruise was in Oct of last year. It was great the weather was nice. We had rain one day and it was in Cozumel. TS lots of rain but we still did the dolphin swim and still had time to shop. We did the Western cruise. It did rain 1 night but not for long. You still have to worry about the "H" word in October. Have fun

Mike

We cruised two times in October and LOVED it! The weather was awesome.

There seems......to me anyway......less children. I think it because of the new school year just beginning in Sept. that parents are less likely to pull their children out.

We loved the Mexican Riviera and I want to go back really bad. The atmosphere seemed to be more laid back than the two Carribean cruises we have taken. And the Carnival Pride was beautiful.

Archived