What night should we do Sabitini's???!?!??

dankevork

We will be sailing on the 9 day June 13th sailing out of NY and want to know if anyone can tell me which dinner we should miss to go to Sabitini's. Is it better to go on a Sea day or Port Day? I do not know which nights are formal and which dining room dinners are not to be missed. I have heard that the Caribbean themed night is not all that impressive so was wondering if anyone knows what night that might be scheduled for.

I know this is a very specific question, but I am always amazed at the depth of cruise knowledge around here, thought I would give it a go. Thanks...

I really never thought about which night would be best.

We always go on the first night because:

- it never as crowded

- we aren't fully in to the swing of things on the first night, so it's easiest to invest 2.5 hours for dinner

- Oh, and my TA always Comps a free bottle of champagne and Sabitini's on the first night. Free Sabitini's and champagne are always a big seller for me!

Otherwise, I wouldn't look for which nights are best, but more so which nights you wouldn't want to invest 2.5 or so hours for dinner. Don't go on the nights you really like what's on the dining room menu or when there may be a particular show you want to see early.

Are the menus for the duration of the cruise provided on the first day?

I honestly don't know, although I am sure somebody will chime in.

However on the first night you can always ask the Maitre D which night is the seafood night, Caribbean night, and etc to find out.

We always choose the speciality restaurants the first and last nights of the cruise. The dining room is always so hectic on both of those nights, plus, on the last night, things have quieted down a bit on the ship and there isn't usually quite as much entertainment. Having a relaxed, extended dinner is generally a real pleasure for us on that night. Book right away as soon as you get on board, as Sabatini's fills up quickly. If you change your mind, you can always cancel later on in the cruise.

I have to agree with the other posters on this thread. We always go to Sabatini on the first night...It is less crowded, and we always get the most lovely service, plus the welcome aboard dinner menu doesn't really "wow" us. Add to that being "fresh" on the ship, we're not eating completely full. After about 2 days, I'm not really that hungry anymore, as pathetic as that is to admit.

We tend to also go to a specialty on Caribbean night, just not our favorite menu.

We did Sabatini's the first day. The first day on the ship we walked right in and got seated. It was wonderful. The crowd had not figured out where it was yet. It was wonderful! Good food and lots of it. So as you board ship and check things out go eat at Sabatini's right away. You will be glad you did!

If we're going to do it, we do the specialty restaurant on Caribbean night just because that's also our least favorite menu. As I recall, there's usually a table set up somewhere (probably near the restaurant(s)) on embarkation day. We just asked which was Caribbean night and booked that. Of course, we made this decision because on Cruise Critic we'd been able to get a good indication of what the menus were for our cruses and as I've said, that was our least favorite.

Archived