Dining - where do I find if I made it off the waitlist?

TessM

I'm on the Volendam and I am waitlisted for late seating traditional. where do I find if I've made it off the waitlist? If it's listed somewhere on the HAL website, I haven't found it yet.

I don't want to bother my TA with this question. It seems like that information should be available somewhere on the HAL website with my passenger info. I'm convinced I just haven't found it yet.

fyi...Final payment was made over a week ago.

No, you won't find out anything about your dining on the website. Those assignments are not made until just before sailing by the ship's dining room mgr., maitre d', or whatever they are calling that person now. You will get a card at check-in with your dining time and table #. If it is not what you want the daily program for that day which will be in your stateroom will tell you where to go and when that afternoon to request a change.

Actually, Peaches, while you can't find out your actual table assignment (for traditional) before boarding, you should be able at least to find out whether you've been assigned to traditional (and at which time) or to open seating. For example, my TA was able to tell me in February that we had cleared the waitlist and been confirmed for main upper traditional for our August cruise, which we booked in December.

TessM, I agree that HAL ought to make this info available on the website, but they don't. I understand your not wanting to bother your TA with this question, but actually, it is part of the service they should provide in order to earn their commission. So I would encourage you to go ahead and ask. You could also call HAL directly, but if you booked through a TA, they may not be willing to answer you. Good luck!

We were just off the 3/19 Noordam. When we got our cruise docs it told us we had the late dining we wanted. However our friends who wanted early did not get theirs, they got the any time dining. On the second night they went to the dining room and were able to secure early traditional seating as were their 6 other table mates.

Hi Tess,

Where did you have that picture taken with the panda ? It is adorable. :)

Thanks...I love my Panda hugs picture too. It was taken at the Wolong Panda Reserve in China last year. I volunteered for a day and got to care for two pregnant mamas and a rowdy group of six 4-year old boys that lived together. I thought of them as "frat boys" - they were fun.

The picture was taken when I got to go out among 8 1-2 year-olds. They were such fun to play with. My English-speaking guide took the picture. It truly was one of those experiences of a lifetime.

Thanks for asking.

Tess,

You are a very lucky person to able to spend some time with these beautiful animals.

I agree that it must have been a once in a life time experience. :)

Archived