12-Nighter '09 Med Cruise / Grand Princess

gxchan

I'm looking at a November '09 Med cruise on the Grand Princess. I've cruised NCL and RCI before but I like the itinerary of this particular cruise. I'm looking at a balcony on Baja deck, midship and cruise solo. Any info you could share on the ship, Princess or Med cruises in general would be appreciated.

I'm looking at a November '09 Med cruise on the Grand Princess. I've cruised NCL and RCI before but I like the itinerary of this particular cruise. I'm looking at a balcony on Baja deck, midship and cruise solo. Any info you could share on the ship, Princess or Med cruises in general would be appreciated.

Hi, can I ask why Baja Deck? if you're booking this far in advance get one on the Caribe deck, way bigger balconies for not much more money (if any more). We're on the Grand this September and October 09. Can't comment on the ship as that will be our first time on one of the biggies.

The Med. is a wonderful place to cruise, as you can see from my signature, we can't get enough of it.

Hi, can I ask why Baja Deck? if you're booking this far in advance get one on the Caribe deck, way bigger balconies for not much more money (if any more). We're on the Grand this September and October 09. Can't comment on the ship as that will be our first time on one of the biggies.

The Med. is a wonderful place to cruise, as you can see from my signature, we can't get enough of it.

Oh, you do love the Med, don't you? I'm hoping to, as well. :D The choice of cabin is arbitrary. I wanted a balcony and midship and Baja fit that but I will definitely check out Caribe deck. As I recall, there wasn't a big difference in price. When you get back from the Grand would love to hear your thoughts.

You're going to Hawaii in 17 days!! Being a West Coast gal, I love Hawaii but have been heading to the Southern Caribbean recently--going again in 3 weeks, can't wait. :)

Oh, you do love the Med, don't you?

Oh Yeah :) We actually hope to retire to France. Just need a pretty significant lottery win !

You're going to Hawaii in 17 days!! Being a West Coast gal, I love Hawaii but have been heading to the Southern Caribbean recently--going again in 3 weeks, can't wait. :)

17 Days and counting :) 8 nights on Maui. We cancelled a Southern Caribbean cruise to go to Maui instead

Definitely book the Caribe, you won't be sorry. Much bigger balcony. We usually try and book a BB just where they start and the BA ends...not quite mid-ship by close to a stairway.

Let us know what you end up booking. Which Grand Itinerary in November are you looking at?

Oh Yeah :) We actually hope to retire to France. Just need a pretty significant lottery win !

17 Days and counting :) 8 nights on Maui. We cancelled a Southern Caribbean cruise to go to Maui instead

Definitely book the Caribe, you won't be sorry. Much bigger balcony. We usually try and book a BB just where they start and the BA ends...not quite mid-ship by close to a stairway.

Let us know what you end up booking. Which Grand Itinerary in November are you looking at?

It looks like we are on the same Med cruise but you go in October and I go November 18--I usually like after Thanksgiving but my schedule and the CLs don't always match! LOL It is a great itinerary and just the right amount of time for me. I'll book it as soon as I figure out what cabin I want. The BB is close enough cost-wise that it is do-able for me. I'm so glad you told me about the bigger balconies on Caribe!

You've been to Hawaii before so you already know it is terrific there. Maui is especially nice, my kids love it. How long is your Hawaiian cruise and where are you sailing from? A friend of mine is going on Princess from LA to Hawaii this month.

You've been to Hawaii before so you already know it is terrific there. Maui is especially nice, my kids love it. How long is your Hawaiian cruise and where are you sailing from? A friend of mine is going on Princess from LA to Hawaii this month.

We're actually doing a land trip just to Maui. We got married on Maui 10 years ago so it was time to go back :) I like sea days, but not that many sea days to cruise there and back.

We're actually doing a land trip just to Maui. We got married on Maui 10 years ago so it was time to go back :) I like sea days, but not that many sea days to cruise there and back.

How romantic, is it your anniversary or just time to head back to the Islands? And retire to France? Ooooh, that would be nice. I've got 15 more years to retirement so my plan is to cruise a lot to fill the time, LOL.

How romantic, is it your anniversary or just time to head back to the Islands? And retire to France? Ooooh, that would be nice. I've got 15 more years to retirement so my plan is to cruise a lot to fill the time, LOL.

No, Anniverary is September, but it will be DH's birthday. Anniversary, we're sailing out of Venice, doesn't get much better than that in my opinion. I have 23 years until retirement, but DH doesn't he has 10. We'll have to see how we can bridge that gap :)

Archived