Anyone else wish there were more 10 day cruises over Feb. Break!

Heatherco

We are planning a cruise for next Feb. school vacation week ... which here in NE is President's Week. Since we had so much fun this year, we thought we might do a 10 day instead of seven.

But I'm so bummed....the only one that would work with the school schedule would the Celebrity Constellation. While I like Celebrity, we have 3 kids who I think might be a little bored. They are used to the Royal Caribbean Voyager Class ships. And then I'm thinking that I don't want us to just be on the ship for 10 days if we are bored.

Anyone else wish Carnival, Princess, Norwegian or Royal Caribbean offered longer sailings for these prime weeks? Any others I've found leave in the middle of the week which means they would miss the whole next week. Just not doable for us. Waaaah!

If anyone knows of any that I might be missing, I'd be thrilled to hear about it.

There was actually one on the Voordam? But everyone has told me that it would be a much older crowd (not really for kids) and that this is not one of their better ships?

Would you know anything about them?

Thanks!

I wouldn't take kids on HAL in Feb. because the average age of travelers on ANY cruiseline is older on longer cruises.

My suggestion is to stick with the 7 day cruise, and if you want more time away, add a few days pre or post cruise in Florida, if that is where you'll be cruising from. The kids will love all the activities available.

If they added longer cruises, that would discourage families from cruising over school breaks. The ships would be more in the 100% double occupancy range, instead of the almost every berth full range they normally run those weeks. That amounts to several hundred fewer passengers per cruise, which is lost money for the cruiselines.

Any cruise over a week long tends to have less families, and an older crowd. The "oldest" cruise I was ever on was on a 10 day Carnival cruise, but granted this was in a January, not over a school break. Celebrity tends to lean towards an older crowd (like HAL) anyway, so their longer cruises would be a little more so. I would think your kids would find a it a little harder to find the fun on many other ships if they are used to the Voyager class, but it also depends on how easy your kids are to entertain or go with the flow. How old are they? Celebrity does have a kids program, I just wouldn't expect to find hundreds of kids enrolled in it.

Archived