Alaska-End of the Earth-Humor Intended?

trooper 1

In a post I read a few minues ago, was a poster confused about one way and round trip cruises to Alaska? She mentioned she better take a round trip because she did have a job, friends and family waiting back home.

A one way cruise requires you to stay forever and ever in Alaska?

I guess it could be worse.

In a post I read a few minues ago, was a poster confused about one way and round trip cruises to Alaska? She mentioned she better take a round trip because she did have a job, friends and family waiting back home.

A one way cruise requires you to stay forever and ever in Alaska?

I guess it could be worse.

On the other hand, it is amazing just how many people come up for a vacation and never leave, or go home just long enough to pack up their belongings to move up. :)

Oh believe me, I think the reason my friends and family don't want me taking a northbound cruise is they wouldn't be able to get me on the flight back south. Mom had to bribe me to get me on the plane 15 years ago when we moved away from Anchorage.

On the other hand, it is amazing just how many people come up for a vacation and never leave, or go home just long enough to pack up their belongings to move up. :)

(I know this is personal but I do not know how else to respond.)

mytime53: I notice you live in Wasilla. If you have not yet read Alaskan author Sue Henry's latest book, Degrees of Separation, set in the Wasilla, Knik, Palmer and Sutton area about musher Jessie Arnold and Alaska trooper Alex Jensen run! to the nearest bookstore, or libray and get it. If the rest of you want to read a great book about Alaska life I highly recommend it. Sue Henry also wrote Murder on the Iditarod Trail and Murder on the Yukon Quest which are very descriptive of Alaskan life. Another Alaska author, Dana Stabenow, when she writes about Bush Alaska with Kate Shugack and a trooper is also recommended.

(I know this is personal but I do not know how else to respond.)

mytime53: I notice you live in Wasilla. If you have not yet read Alaskan author Sue Henry's latest book, Degrees of Separation, set in the Wasilla, Knik, Palmer and Sutton area about musher Jessie Arnold and Alaska trooper Alex Jensen run! to the nearest bookstore, or libray and get it. If the rest of you want to read a great book about Alaska life I highly recommend it. Sue Henry also wrote Murder on the Iditarod Trail and Murder on the Yukon Quest which are very descriptive of Alaskan life. Another Alaska author, Dana Stabenow, when she writes about Bush Alaska with Kate Shugack and a trooper is also recommended.

Here's another Sue Henry book that is good reading for someone going on a cruise to Alaska: Death Takes Passage. I found it really good reading, and as I remember, it started in Skagway!

Archived