Costa April 2009?

sunlover58

Actually no, at least none sailing from Florida. The Fortuna leaves on her transatlantic journey mid-march 2009, the Atlantica, sailing from Guadeloupe has two sailings in april 2009 before returning to Europe.

I know what the brochure says, but we just got off the medterenea and were told by the cruise director that that they are changing the iteneria to Ft Lauderdale next year instead of Brazil. He did not have the dates but said that they would be sailing from Ft. Lauderdale. Who knows?????

What you see from the brochure is correct. As I said, the cruise director told us they were changing it due to demand. Like I said who knows if it is really happening, but that is what the CRUISE DIRECTOR told us.... The Costa Medtereanea will be sialing from Ft Lauderdale next year.

I am not giving misinformation....just repeating what we were told by the CRUISE DIRECTOR directly this week on the ship 4/5/08-4/12/08.

If Costa is planning to send the Med bacl to Florida next winter, then they better annouce it very soon, otherwise rgey are going to have one hell of alot of very bad tempered and frustrated customers (or ex).

I had a quick look at both the Med's TA to South America next winter, both are over 60% booked.

If I was involved in such a cancellation I would be one "POC".:confused:

Ron

PS. Currently one happy cruiser, my X1 confirmation came through for next years cruise.

Dont even bother read my letter to the cruise line if you need more info. Try Princess or another line, Costa was aboslutely awful and wasnt worth the cost.

FWIW for the OP and anyone else considering booking Costa, our experience was completely the opposite this past week on the Mediterranea. We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise. :)

• 1 month later...

The Costa European site as well as several US cruise booking sites are showing the Costa Atlantica sailing from Ft. Lauderdale on two Eastern Caribbean itineraries in November and December 2009. Not possible yet to book on line in U.S.

Haven't seen any indication of the Mediterranea returning to the Caribbean yet.

I would have thought they would have made the changes already. The cruise director may have been confused or just giving an opinion. It sure did get us excited as next years schedule does not fit into our spring break. We had to look esle where for next year.

We just book MSC Ochestra through a TA and she told us that the entire cruise industry would be looking to move more ships sooner to Europe over the next few years due to many reasons.

Now, understand I do not know her well. This is the first time I used her. She claims this is an industry wide thing due to is economey, dollar vs euro, etc....

I find it hard to believe since according to the news the airline industry is cutting back flights to many destinations to try and cut cost. Thus creating less seats and more demand. Flight prices will keep some from going across the pond.

I don't know if I will ever make it over there. For now the caribbean is where I will sail. Especially since I can just drive 45-60 minutes to two ports and 2 hours to another.

Archived