What beach is next to Coral World?

AJI2596

Thank you. Is it a nice beach?

We were on a Coki about a week ago. We really enjoyed it. You can rent chairs and umbrellas reasonably chairs 5 dollars and an umbrella is ten. The changing area ids not great. There are palces to get drink and food. What makes this great though is the beach and the absolutely clear water. You can be up to yuor shoulders and still see your feet clearly.

We were on a Coki about a week ago. We really enjoyed it. You can rent chairs and umbrellas reasonably chairs 5 dollars and an umbrella is ten. The changing area ids not great. There are palces to get drink and food. What makes this great though is the beach and the absolutely clear water. You can be up to yuor shoulders and still see your feet clearly.

Sounds perfect. We it very crowded? I think this may be the way to go.

Sounds perfect. We it very crowded? I think this may be the way to go.

The size of the crowd will depend on the number of ships that are docked in town that day. If you're going during the summer months, crowds will not be an issue.

Check cruisecal.com to see how many ships will be calling on St. Thomas the same day that you're there. If there are more than 3, and two of those three are ships with a passenger capacity of 3000+ you may want to make alternate plans if crowds are a concern. Coki is a small beach and will fill up quickly.

You can rent lockers and change inside Coral World. They'll give you a wristband with admission to CW so you can come and go. The beach is right next to CW. Snorkeling is great there, right on the beach. Easy to rent equipment if you need to. Haven't posted DH's underwater camera pics yet, but there are fish everywhere!

The size of the crowd will depend on the number of ships that are docked in town that day. If you're going during the summer months, crowds will not be an issue.

Check cruisecal.com to see how many ships will be calling on St. Thomas the same day that you're there. If there are more than 3, and two of those three are ships with a passenger capacity of 3000+ you may want to make alternate plans if crowds are a concern. Coki is a small beach and will fill up quickly.

Unfortunately cruisecal.com decided to impose at $25 a year charge so it is no longer a tool for many of us.

Coki beach is a nice clearwater beach that is good for snorkeling. For its small size its beautiful and has adequate facilities.

Unfortunately cruisecal.com decided to impose at $25 a year charge so it is no longer a tool for many of us.

Coki beach is a nice clearwater beach that is good for snorkeling. For its small size its beautiful and has adequate facilities.

Now they charge $3 per month. I am just signing up for this month and then cancelling it. If you need any info from there let me know. I can get it for you.:D

I too tried to sign up until I saw the fees!!! Nope!!!

If it wouldn't be too much trouble could you check the cruise ship schedule for the last week in May? We are going 5/24-5/31 and just would like to see how many ships will be in "town" during our stay (we are not cruisers).

Thanks!

Saw your post and found it hard to believe, but just visited the site and true enough, Brian is going to charge for it.

The 3 dollar deal is fine since you may only need it for one particular cruise. However I think cruisecal.com will see a vast decrease in users of their resources. I guess it's just like anything else, someone has to make a paycheck. I wish they could have just used more ads.

I agree richtersl, its definately stinks!

Now they charge $3 per month. I am just signing up for this month and then cancelling it. If you need any info from there let me know. I can get it for you.:D

I just read your kind post and was wondering if you would see how many ships will be in these ports on the following days:

April 8th 2009 in St Maarten

April 9th 2009 in St Thomas

April 10th 2009 in Grand Turk

Thank you so much in advance for doing this. It's very nice of you.

I just read your kind post and was wondering if you would see how many ships will be in these ports on the following days:

April 8th 2009 in St Maarten

April 9th 2009 in St Thomas

April 10th 2009 in Grand Turk

Thank you so much in advance for doing this. It's very nice of you.

Here you go:)

St. Maarten - 3 - Carnival Liberty, Independence of the Seas, Crown Princess

St. Thomas - 2 - Crown Princess, Explorer of the Seas

Grand Turk - Just You:D Crown Princess

Here you go:)

St. Maarten - 3 - Carnival Liberty, Independence of the Seas, Crown Princess

St. Thomas - 2 - Crown Princess, Explorer of the Seas

Grand Turk - Just You:D Crown Princess[/quote

That was very nice of you. I really do appreciate it.

Thanks again so much.

I seem to be the Lone Ranger that didn't think that Coki Beach was that great. It was very crowded (6 cruise ships) but maybe if there were less ships it would be o.k. We didn't see as much snorkeling there as in other places we've been. Also the beach chairs looked like something I would take to the dump:) I guess if we were going to be in the area we'd go back, but otherwise we wouldn't bother.

TIA. We are going to Coral World to swim with the Sea Lions and then we wanted to go to the beach. Is there one right next to Coral World?

Are you going on your own or is this a ship excursion. We are thinking of booking coral world for my 9 year old grandson and that would be fun for him to swim with the sea lions. Also does the admission price cover the swim or is it additional fees.

Thanks so much for any info.

Marcy

I seem to be the Lone Ranger that didn't think that Coki Beach was that great. It was very crowded (6 cruise ships) but maybe if there were less ships it would be o.k. We didn't see as much snorkeling there as in other places we've been. Also the beach chairs looked like something I would take to the dump:) I guess if we were going to be in the area we'd go back, but otherwise we wouldn't bother.

I totally disagree, but it's just a difference in opinion! We just got back from our cruise on the Valor and we went to Coki for the day. There were 5 ships in port that day, so we went there early...knowing it would get more crowded as the day went on. The taxis go back and forth between the pier and Coki constantly, so you can leave whenever you want. The chairs and umbrellas were not luxurious, but definitely ok!!

The water was absolutely beautiful and even with a crowded beach, there was plenty of room for everyone to snorkle...all of my kids loved it...the area itself right off the beach is nothing to write home about, but we all were glad we chose to spend our time in St. Thomas at Coki!!

We did Coki beach on our own last year with the Carnival Destiny. Got a cab from the pier and arranged to have the same one pick us back up a few hours later. He even took us on a really nice tour of the island on the way back to the pier.

We also did Coral World - it is a cute aquarium. You can also rent lockers and use the locker rooms if you do buy admission to coral world. I thought it was worth it. Expecially if you don't have anyone to watch your stuff while you are snorkeling.

The entire trip cost us $60 for 2 doing it on our own. The ship wanted $50/pp. So I definately think it was worth the savings. It is also nice that you can take as much time as you want without being on the ships excursion schedule.

Hope that helps!

Laura:)

Coki_Beaches_032.jpg

The picture above is a view from Coki Beach looking at the big tank at Coral World. Got it from the Airforce 1 tours website.

havefunwithus.com

Thank you. This is so helpful. And got me really excited about our upcoming cruise.:D

Archived