Bar Credits

i received bar credits as a gift from one of my coworkers on my glory cruise back in december and it was a wonderful suprise. i was able to get many of the drinks offered with them.:)

Are the bar credits same as Fun Ship Dollars?

Funship dollars can be used to purchase anything whereas bar credit can only be used for drinks, I say drink because I think you can purchase sodas with it too.

While they can be used TOWARDS any drink you may be askto pay more than just the ticket. Some bartenders dont bother others do.

Theyre good if youre trying to keep your S&S charges down but they dont offer any savings.

They are also handy if you want to not go overboard buying drinks and end up with a fat tab at the end of the week. As far as I'm concened, the more that I can pay for in advance, the more money I'll have to spend on souvenirs and whatnot. :rolleyes:

While we don't drink to excess, we always purchase bar drink coupons before each cruise. Helps us keep our s & s bill low. Even if we only have 2 drinks per day, that is 12 x 7 = $84 less we have on our credit card at the end. If we don't use them all, we carry them over to our next cruise. (if you lose them, you lose them - put them in a safe spot) As for savings per drink - none I can see. Have never had a bartender ask for the price difference on a drink I ordered. We also purchase soda coupons.

Archived