Just back from Carnival Glory 3/29/08

MASH723

Hey Everyone

First time posting, but big fan!! I read and read and read on these forums before our cruise and took with me sooooo many tips!! (Especially loved the Rum Runners tip!! & YES they worked with noooo problems!!;) ) I just had to ask if anyone else came back with the same cold or flu bug I did? I started to feel a scratchy throat on Thursday morning and had a full blown upper respiratory thing going on within a few hours!! I've been sicker than a dog ever since!! urghhhh:mad: Just wanted to see if anyone else wants to wallow in their misery with me:eek: !! BTW, I had an awesome time on the Glory!! What a beautiful ship!! I can't wait to go again!!

MASH723

OMG!!!!! Where do I begin?? Loved going out of Port Canaveral!! Piece of cake compared to the only other cruise we went on out of Tampa!! Once onboard the Glory, I was in awe!! It is HUGE and sooooo beautiful, huh? First port was Nassau(could definately give or take on that one!!) second port was St. Thomas and I absolutely loved it there. We had so rough seas so we were actually about 2 hours late getting into St. Thomas so my excursion tour I booked left without us!! urgh!! Even given that we hooked right up with a cab/bus/tour driver and had an absolute blast. All the people were so friendly. The day just went way toooo fast. Next port was St. Martin. Really windy the day we were there so the beaches weren't the best, but it didn't matter. Still had a great day (other than losing my SS card and Drivers License!! Stupid me had both of them in my lanyard when we visited the beach where the planes come overhead. Well too many rum punches didn't have me reading the posted signs warning you of jet exhaust and the effects it can have on you if you stand behind a departing plane. Well, we took off running so hard trying to escape being sand blasted that when I finally caught my breath, I realized my id and SS card were gone. Went back and walked the beach with no luck. I'm assuming it went in the water never to be found!!) Then it was back to the Glory and 2 days of sea. We loved our waiter. Her name was Bianca and her assistant Igusti!! We had such fun with them. I ate and drank and just had a blast!! I bet you cant wait for your cruise. I already started looking at prices for next year. Now I just have to convince DH we need to start planning our next one!! One word of advice, don't OVER PACK like I did!!;)

MASH723

OH and most importantly, remember you HAND SANITIZER!!! LOL:( I'm still running a fever and had to call off of work today(which should of been my first day back after our cruise)

MASH723

Hi marym!! Glad the bug didn't get you as bad as me!!

I was able to get back onboard because I had my passport in my beach bag. Thank GOODNESS!! I was halfway out of the cabin door when I thought, "maybe I should grab my passport"!! what LUCK!!! It was a little bit of a hassle, but, my DH was with me and he had his SS card and passport too so we were able to convince them I was legit!! lol:D Once I got back to the ship, it was a piece of cake. I gave them my cabin number and they looked me up and saw my picture and knew it was me. I went to pursers desk and got a new card! Mental note made to self....don't leave SS and DL in lanyard onshore excursions!!:p

MASH723

I was also on this cruise with my sister. We came back feeling fine. Hope you feel better soon.

We took this cruise to get away from stress of work and just have some time to rest. That's exactly what we did. We just shopped on the islands.

We ate dinner in the Golden Dining Room with Robert and Yuni. The first morning we didn't have the best service at breakfast and after that we asked for Robert and Yuni's table when we went back. I never knew until we told them about the service that night about it and they said to ask for them that we could do that.

Loved the different hats that the Red Hat Society ladies wore.

We were also on the 3/29/08 Carnival Glory cruise and none of us in our party are sick. Hope you are feeling better soon and glad that you had a good time on your cruise.

We also just had a nice relaxing vacation and just shopped at the ports.

Loved our first balcony and loved the Glory and the ports!

Hey Everyone

First time posting, but big fan!! I read and read and read on these forums before our cruise and took with me sooooo many tips!! (Especially loved the Rum Runners tip!! & YES they worked with noooo problems!!;) )

MASH723

uuhhhhhhh whats the rum runners tip?:confused: im goiong next week

Did you take a cab to the airplane beach in St Marten? Is that Maho? Or did you do a tour? I really want to do that when we go in June but I don't know what the best way to get there is!

What tour were you planning on doing in St Thomas? I am looking at booking with Sunny Liston.

73 days!

Yes, I think that beach with the planes is called Maho and that was a stop on our tour. We took the tour with Bernard. It was called Bernards tours. I found him through this sight. He was a lot of fun and look out for his rum punch!! Thats probably half the reason I lost my SS card and ID!! lol!! :p

The tour I booked in St. Thomas was through Henrys EEE tours(also recommended on this sight) Unfortunately we encountered rough seas and was a couple of hours late getting into ST so we missed our tour. When I got home, my refund was already waiting on me in my paypal account. I was disappointed to miss his tour because he seemed very nice and very professional. We just lucked up and got an awesome driver right there at the cruise dock and he took us all over St. Thomas and landed up having an awesome time anyway. I loved St. Thomas the best!!

For the other request about the rum runners--- If you want to sneak any alcohol onboard without being detected...check out the rumrunners website. Its rumrunnersflasks dot com. They are awesome!! Good luck and have an awesome cruise!!:p :D

MASH723

Archived