Veendam Sept. 19 Alaska review

Tinknock50

Not nit picky....I would have felt the same way. I did not attend the Mariner party, therefore, did not receive my pin :(. I wasn't exactly sure I would receive one, since it was my first Mariner party....didn't know what to expect...now I wish I would have gone...oh well.

Marie

Not nit picky....I would have felt the same way. I did not attend the Mariner party, therefore, did not receive my pin :(. I wasn't exactly sure I would receive one, since it was my first Mariner party....didn't know what to expect...now I wish I would have gone...oh well.

Marie

Actually, the party is not a big deal. Think they were a little embarassed when the person with the largest number of days (500 or somthing like that) didn't show up for their medal presentation.

Did you get your tile?

I wish I could, but I don't dare. I have told dh I am going to cut back on my cruising, LOL. Also, we already have a cruise booked Sept 17, on the Caribbean Princess, but may be cancelling it. Maybe the next time you go to Alaska, my dh and I will join you!

And, yes, I did receive my tile....love it.

Marie

Thx for writing this review. I've thought about doing HAL to Alaska for my next Alaska cruise. So far I've cruised Alaska once on the Universe Explorer (a 50+ year old ship) and once on the Star Princess with some gal pals. Next time around I will definately do a smaller more intimate ship--especially if I'm cruising solo.

The Princess cruise was fun with the gals (we did the pc dining thing) and really enjoyed the shows and piano bar. I've heard good things about HALs piano bars--did you spend any time there?

Faith

Hi Sean

Zaandam September 10th certainly looks tempting.... We are probably going to do the Panama Canal again but who knows - a back to back might be nice and do both.....;)

BTW, the changing of bed linen which was mentioned earlier in this thread remains a mystery. I was a little disappointed on the Westerdam when the sheets were not changed until the end of the first week. During one of the shows it was joked about by the comedian who said that when they say that they have changed the linen, what actually happens is that it all moves down a deck until it gets to the bottom, then it is laundered.....:eek: Yes, he was joking!!

Thx for writing this review. I've thought about doing HAL to Alaska for my next Alaska cruise. So far I've cruised Alaska once on the Universe Explorer (a 50+ year old ship) and once on the Star Princess with some gal pals. Next time around I will definately do a smaller more intimate ship--especially if I'm cruising solo.

The Princess cruise was fun with the gals (we did the pc dining thing) and really enjoyed the shows and piano bar. I've heard good things about HALs piano bars--did you spend any time there?

Faith

I didn't spend any time in the piano bar.....But heard the piano player in the crows nest and I thought she was good.....I believe that is the same voice I heard when I passed the piano bar.

:eek: They don't change the sheets?????:eek:

Sorry if I sound foolish, but i really thought the sheets would be changed daily.

Like a hotel. Silly Me !!

nancy

Umm, many hotels don't change your sheets daily any more, either. Do you change them at home every day?

Umm, many hotels don't change your sheets daily any more,

either. Do you change them at home every day?

Dave,

Thank you for the comment/question. I often see your posts on these boards.

You are a very interesting fellow. Keep up the good work!

Yes I realise that a lot of hotels do not change the sheets every day. I try to avoid those. As for my sheets at home; I have to change them at least twice a week. I tend to "overheat" during the night and my sheets can get quite damp. Getting old is no fun:( but it sure beats the alternative;)

1st Cruise will be 11/13 on the Zuiderdam!!!!

I'm so excited.

Nancy

As for my sheets at home; I have to change them at least twice a week.

Nancy

I'm sure if you ask Stewart (the generic name for cabin attendents :rolleyes: ), you can get your sheets changed a couple of times during the week.....

Bon Voyage!

-dave

:eek: They don't change the sheets?????:eek:

Sorry if I sound foolish, but i really thought the sheets would be changed daily.

Like a hotel. Silly Me !!

Most hotels don't change the sheets daily either ... unless a new party is checking in.

I just today returned from a trip to Dallas for a stock trading convention. I stayed at a Wyndam. They put a card on the bed stating that the sheets are normally changed every three days if the same guest is staying in the room. They are only changed more often if either you specifically request it, or if there is a problem (i.e., child wets the bed, etc.). Of course, the sheets will be changed after you check out so that they will be clean for the next person using the room.

I know the sheets were changed mid-week on the Zuiderdam, though. During my cruise last month, I just happened to head back to the stateroom one morning to drop off some purchases I had made in one of the shops, and walked in as the cabin steward was changing the bedding. I'm surprised they didn't change them mid-week on this ship as well.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived