organized tours

swh&cv

hi,

we a traveling on the galaxy august 22-sept 1. we are booking private tours in athens and turkey. do we need tour guides in the greek isles, capri or cicily or can we pretty much see everything on our own? im a first time crusier:p

wade

greek isles you can do on your own. your ship will probably dock close to the town. I know that is the case in Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos and Rhodes. In Mykonos, Princess ran a shuttle to town. Capri is quite far from Naples - I imagine you could do it by public transportation but it might be more trouble than what it is worth - we took a ship tour to Capri, Sorrento and Pompeii.

hi,

we a traveling on the galaxy august 22-sept 1. we are booking private tours in athens and turkey. do we need tour guides in the greek isles, capri or cicily or can we pretty much see everything on our own? im a first time crusier:p

wade

Wade:

In the summer you need to deal with crowds and temperatures:

Capri from Naples? Then check how many other large ships are in dock with you on the same day. My thought is in August the weather in Amalfi, Positano, and Ravello may be more reasonable than Sorrento and Capri. Also, from your viewpoint do you want additional sea travel or time on land? If you are a first time cruiser, is this also your first time in Italy? Consider a 8:30 stop at Pompeii for a 2-hour guided tour than a drive down to Ravello for lunch (Drive Amalfi).

David

Archived