Bahamas Immigration Forms, Necessary?

Psee

Sorry if this is a worn out thread, but these forms keep popping up everytime we book a Princess cruise. They hand them out at the port and send them with our docs but nobody has ever "required them" on our cruises. There will be a note on the Patter to drop them off at the purser's desk or some other area but we've never had to produce them to gain access to the ship or the Bahama Islands.

Thoughts?

Sorry if this is a worn out thread, but these forms keep popping up everytime we book a Princess cruise. They hand them out at the port and send them with our docs but nobody has ever "required them" on our cruises. There will be a note on the Patter to drop them off at the purser's desk or some other area but we've never had to produce them to gain access to the ship or the Bahama Islands.

Thoughts?

Never saw a patter notice, they always collected them before boarding. :)

We had to drop them off at the Purser's Desk before landing in the Bahamas. I do not know if they keep track of the cabins/families that have handed them in and notify the cabins that have not handed them in to do it before they land? They did not collect them at check in on our January cruise.

Last month, they were collecting them at check-in on our CB cruise. I’d only filled one out for our family of four. The person checking us in was a bit miffed I hadn’t filled four out. Anyways, he said to fill the others out and turn in at the Purser’s desk. At some point during the week, there was a notice in the Patter to make sure they were turned in. I didn’t fill anymore out and nothing was ever “said” to us. As I recall from last year, I offered to hand in the form at check-in and they didn’t want it. They said they’d be collected during the week. They were never collected. That’s why I didn’t fill 4 of them out this year.

Our last sailing on the Emerald, we were required to hand them in when we checked in at the port. Then, we were left new forms to fill out before we arrived at Princess Cays, which were collected by our room steward. Don't know what the reason for that second request was all about.

We've never filled them out and/or turned them in. If asked at check-in we say we'll hand them in onboard. There will be a drop box at the Purser's desk and a 'reminder' in the Patter.

We've never been singled out or refused boarding onto the transfer.

I think it's one of those 'paper motions' they have to go through.

Archived