Baggage Check

tvaud

A few weeks ago, I remember reading about a new disembarkation baggage check at Port Everglades. You can check your bags at the Port and they would be delivered to the airport for you(for a small fee), so you could explore Fort Lauderdale without lugging around your luggage. Does anyone have the article or thread where this info can be found? Thanks in advance.:)

For a fee they will arrange it so that when you put your bags out on he night before debark, they will deliver them to the airport, and see hat they are put on your flight home. So all you have to do is claim them at your home airport. We have had this done twice, most recently this month on our trip to Hawaii. They charged us $20 apiece, and we picked up our bags in KCI airport.

We just did it on the Emerald in FLL. The charge is $15 pp for up to 2 bags each. You will special tags and your boarding passes the day before disembarkation. You will still have to claim your luggage and take them thru customs - from there just follow the signs snd give them to the EZ check guy. You should see the purser about 4 days prior to desembarkation and apply for it - you will have to have all of your flight information.

It does wok.

Ron

A few weeks ago, I remember reading about a new disembarkation baggage check at Port Everglades. You can check your bags at the Port and they would be delivered to the airport for you(for a small fee), so you could explore Fort Lauderdale without lugging around your luggage. Does anyone have the article or thread where this info can be found? Thanks in advance.:)

This is from February before the 1 bag limit from a lot of the airlines but should give you a good idea of what to expect.

http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/expressluggage.pdf

Bill

I'd try to use it anyway. We were off the ship and at the airport by 0830 and our flight didn't depart until 1:30. You should be able to make a 1125 flight no problem if they put you in the first 'Easycheck' group (WhiteA) to depart the ship.

When we were at the San Diego airport after our cruise, we saw the bags that Princess had taken from the cruise ship all sitting outside on a huge baggage cart unattended outside the airport. All that bags had orange ship tags on them.

When I saw them all sitting outside the airport with no one in attendance I said to my husband I was glad we didn't opt for it.

Archived