Questions About Alaskan Cruises

I was wondering if anyone knows if the RCI ships that do Alaska have a covered solarium like the ships in the Caribbean? We like to use the hot tub even when it is cold but would like it inside. We went to Alaska on Carnival and we were not happy with it because they had a covered area but the windows were always open.

The second question I have is do they alow the children in the solarium on the Alaskian cruises given that the weather is cold there? Again when we went on Carnival there was hardly anyone in the covered area by the pools.

Let me know. This could make or break us going to Alaska again.

Thanks in advance for al of the responses.

The Radiance class ships have the covered solarium, not sure about any other class of ship that sails Alaska. Difficult to remember, but I am pretty sure that on our Alaska cruise on Radiance the ship had a retractable roof over a portion of the pool as well.

Both the Vision class and Radiance class (the ships RCCL uses in Alaska) have a covered solarium. On cold weather itineraries, RCCL has daily family time hours so kids can use the solarium pool, while still maintaining times where it is adult only for those of us without kids.

Both the Vision class and Radiance class (the ships RCCL uses in Alaska) have a covered solarium. On cold weather itineraries, RCCL has daily family time hours so kids can use the solarium pool, while still maintaining times where it is adult only for those of us without kids.

They were very exacting on times last year. A mother and son came into the solarium at around 11:30 and they asked him to leave until 12, Then at 4 they cleared the kids out.

Archived