Information on Carnival's Sister Cruises

ooulio

Can anyone help me? I know I saw somewhere that Carnival owns a few different lines. Have been looking and can't find what other lines are connected to them. My friends son & daughter in law were scheduled to leave today for Carnival Freedom out of Miami. They called back when they were booking the cruise. They wanted to check and see if it was okay for her to travel at almost 6 months. She is very healthy . They said there would be no problem. Her doctor also told her it was fine for her to travel. The travel agent had it on speaker phone to verify everything. The girl who answered at Carnival said " There will be no problem" They explained how far along she would be. They get down to Miami today. They tried to board the ship. Lady told them she was too far along to get on ship. They explained that they were told it was fine. They were both MAD. They got off the ship. Now they are stuck in Miami. Our travel agent booked airfare to Orlando for them. She is not going on rides. Just lie at the pool. They also booked a week now at WDW. Have you heard of anything so crazy? Now my friends are so mad at Carnival. They don't want to go on Carnival next February again with us. I heard Carnival is the best at special diets. I am now on Gluten Free Diet. I heard so of the other lines are awful. If we go on the other lines that are related, do our cruises still count? Don't want to lose all our cruises. Please help!

Is your DIL pregnant? If that is the issue, Carnival will not you cruise if you are at your 24th week of pregnancy on the day of embarkation. We had to re think our entire family reunion this June/08 on the Valor. My DIL will be over 24 weeks pregnant on the day of embarkation and also could not fly over seas at that time either.

Carnival Corp owns: Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and Seabourn Cruise Line in North America; P&O Cruises, Cunard Line and Ocean Village in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in southern Europe; Iberocruceros in Spain; and P&O Cruises in Australia

Carnival states that you are not allowed if you are in 24 weeks or more on the day you board. Carnival also states that they require a note from the doctor certifying the gestational period and that the mother is fit to sail.

Other lines have similar requirements, although some are stricter and state that the mother cannot board if she will be 24 weeks or more before the end of the cruise. (Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, and NCL have similar policies.)

If she met these requirements, then I would also be upset at not being allowed to board!

(PS I've heard NCL is good for gluten free diets, but I would do my research and have an idea what to expect before selecting another line over one that you are happy with.)

the way i read it, not only can you not be in your 24th week when you board, you also can't be in your 24th week when you disembark, so if its a 2 week cruise and you're in your 22nd week you might be hooped anyway. plus i think you need a drs note to prove how many weeks along you are (specially if its close) i've been looking into this because i'm trying to plan my life out for the next couple of years....incl. baby trying maybe and cruising etc....

also if shes now in her 22nd/23rd week she isn't due until end of August??? So .... under the newish rules they wouldn't be able to travel with you on a cruise Next February (even if they forgive the cruise line) because assuming the child is travelling with them he/she will not be allowed to board until after six months age....... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for your responses. Now I can also look at the other lines. Do my Carnival still count towards their sister companies. The girl is my friends daughter in law. They had called and explained her condition . Told her when her due date was. They explained everything. It was on speaker phone so 3 of them could verify everything. Her due date is last week of July. I don't know anything about pregnancy and cruising. I appreciate all your help.

While all of the cruise lines shown are part of Carnival Corporation, each maintains its own identity. For example if you are working toward platinum status on Carnival (10 cruises), and you cruise on Holland America, you would not get credit for your Holland America cruise toward the required 10 cruises for Carnival platinum status.

Thanks for your responses. Now I can also look at the other lines. Do my Carnival still count towards their sister companies. The girl is my friends daughter in law. They had called and explained her condition . Told her when her due date was. They explained everything. It was on speaker phone so 3 of them could verify everything. Her due date is last week of July. I don't know anything about pregnancy and cruising. I appreciate all your help.

I believe that your asking if you'll be allowed "past guest discount" if you sail on another Carnival Corp. line.... It is my understanding that on "certain" cruises that they cut you some sort of a discount because you have sailed on a Carnival Corp. ship.... I can't say for sure what the discount is and I can't even tell you which ship and cruise that the discount would apply.....

I suppose that if I were in your shoes that I would pick a cruise that I was interested in and then call that cruise line (Princess, HAL, ect...) explain your situation and see if the discount will apply on that cruise.... Won't hurt to ask....

Joey

Archived