Rccl Liberty Of The Seas Western

Hi,

I will be going on RCCL Liberty of the seas western side (Haiti, Cozumel, Montego Bay and Cayman island) on may 17 with my twins who are 4 years old. I would like to get some info on the ports. Mainly we want to stay at the beach and relax. Also, I want something close to the port.

Also should i try to grab a taxi to go to the beach or book the beach day through the cruise

Thanks in advance.

We did this route on the Freedom last year. We did beach days in each port. Labadee you are tendered in from the ship and you can walk around Royal Carib's "compound" there -- no taxis. Grand Cayman you can easily get a taxi to Seven Mile Beach. In Cozumel we also easily got a cab to a beach (can't remember the name). Check out the destination boards for the ports and you find out how much the taxi fares are (a lot less than Royal Carib's excursions). Have a great time!

Just got home yesterday from this cruise. :(

What is posted above is correct. Labadee is easy, the entire island is beaches. Definitely a cab to 7 mile beach in Cayman, Cozumel is easy also... cabs right outside pier and to any of the beaches. Montego Bay is a different story... crime rate is high in Jamacia. We did an RCI excursion to Negril w/buffet included and went to a all inclusive resort w/its own beach. Negril is 1hr bus ride I would NOT recommend the excursion with the buffet lunch included, if you are set on a beach. Though the beach was beautiful, lots of 'vendors' selling things and some security present. They offer two other beach excusions and next time I would try one of those..... one went to Sandals and one to Beaches. Though we had an ok time with the 16 people who were on the bus w/us, and saw lots of the coast line..... was not crazy about the resort they used for this excursion.

thanks a lot of the info. After reading all the posts I'm not sure if I want to get off the boat with 2 little kids in Montego Bay.

Hi,

I will be going on RCCL Liberty of the seas western side (Haiti, Cozumel, Montego Bay and Cayman island) on may 17 with my twins who are 4 years old. I would like to get some info on the ports. Mainly we want to stay at the beach and relax. Also, I want something close to the port.

Also should i try to grab a taxi to go to the beach or book the beach day through the cruise

Thanks in advance.

Friends just came back from that itinerary and absolutely HATED Jamaica! Soldiers, guns,...unless you are at a resort, it's not an attractive place! That may be a good day to make use of the ship! (You don't HAVE to get off at every port!) The majority of the passengers will debark, and the pool will be almost yours alone!

All of the other ports are very easy to manuever on your own--no pricey excursions needed! (Labadee is a total no-brainer---it IS a beach day!)

We are going on the same cruise with you. You should come over to the roll call board for the 5/17 liberty sailing. There is quite a bit of discussion there about excursions and things to do at the ports. Come join in on the fun!

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Archived