An Example of Excellent Customer Service

diligaf51

My significant other and myself just returned from our first-ever cruise...transatlantic on the Summit from March 29 to April 10. When she saw that the Cova Cafe had specialty pastries each afternoon she could not wait...she is always stopping at every pastry shop we pass when we have visited France, Italy and Spain.

To make a long story short...one day the napoleons were extremely stale. She went to guest services and filled out a card. When she turned it in she was asked if she would like to meet with the executive chef. later we received a phone call from the F&B Manager..Gavin Eyles and the Executive Chef...Doug Shelley, who asked to meet with us. They thanked us for bringing it to their attention. And that night at dinner, our whole table was brought special napoleons.

I told the Gavin and Doug I would be sure to mention this on cruise critic. Their response went above and beyond what we could have expected and deserves mention.

It’s true, we are often quick to point out the bad, but slow to point out the good. My DW and 2 friends just returned from a cruise on the Constellation. My wife had asked for a small cake for my birthday dinner, but someone dropped the ball. My wife inquired of the Maitre d as to what happened, and she expressed her disappointment. Besides a sincere apology, on the following evening, we were presented with a cake as well as a bottle of champagne. There was also a plate of chocolate covered strawberries in our cabin with a further note of apology. Bravo Celebrity!

We were on the Constellation in February & it was my husband's birthday while we were on the ship. We ate in the specialty restaurant the night of his birthday & the waiter brought out a beautiful round chocolate cake with fresh berries on it.

The next night when we were back in the main dining room, here came our waiter with a larger chocolate cake to share with the other guests at our table! We felt that was a special touch that they didn't have to do.

Archived