Carnival Imagination

wr813

Thinking about taking a cruise on the Imagination on Oct. 20. Will be myself(36), Wife(30ish), son 14, and daughter 12. I know my wife and I will be occupied but is there cool things for the kids to do on this ship?

We sailed the Elation (sister ship) last year with the kids and will be on the Imagination in Aug. The kids had a blast and never lacked activities all week. The Imagination has the water park now, the Elation did not have it. The kids cannot wait to get to use that as well as enjoy the ship and the teen clubs as they did last year.

We were on the Enchantment before it was streched. We have enjoyed all of our cruises, each one is different and we try to do different things on each. On the Enchantment, my friend and I decided to see how many times we could get on the week ending video, he won 7-6. Other than that we did like the ship and the cruise. The Enchantment is a nicer looking ship than the Elation and I am guessing the Imagination and the room choices are different but we liked our rooms on both. So much of what makes a great cruise is where you are going and not always what ship you are on. The fact that we will be going to Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk just make for a great cruise no matter what the ship.

The food is very similar although my wife likes Carnival food better than RC. The activities are good, if you went activity by activity I guess you could give an extra point to one ship or the othr but a lot of this depends on the Cruise Director and staff. On the Eleation there was one staff member that drove us nuts but others seemed to enjoy him.

Basically if you liked on ship, you will like the other. We like the smaller ships as we feel the service is much better.

Archived