newbie X queries

katie26

Sorry but never cruised Celebrity before and onto Millie to Alaska and a few queries I am hoping you can help me with. I am treating my mum so want it to be perfect.

1. What nights are formal on an 11 night cruise ( trying to plan night to book other rest)?

2.What are spa treatments like- good value and do they offer them by auction like they do on RCL?

3. Is the Thallasso. pool indoors ( as persume will be too cold outdoors in may!)

4.Are there robes in all staterooms ( we have an ocean view on Plaza Deck)?

5.In the pre night stay in SF is Breakfast included if hotel booked as part of package?

thx:)

1. The arrangement of nights depends on the itinerary of the cruise. If you are not a member of the Captain's club, you cannot book the specialty restaurant until you get on board. When you do get onboard, there will be a daily in your cabin that has the itinerary of the cruise and port times as well as the arrangement of formal, informal, and casual nights. Or you can go to the specialty restaurant and they should be able to tell you the order and you can make your booking then.

2. Have never been on RCL so I don't know about the auction. There is a wide variety of spa treatments ranging from 20 minutes to a full day. The spa runs a daily special - especially on port days.

3. The thallosatherapy pool (t-pool) is indoors. It is for adults only and is very nice. It is not a swimming pool but a therapy pool with warm, mineralized water with jets - almost like a giant whirlpool.

4. All staterooms on Celebrity ships have robes - waffle weave in insides to verandahs, plush terry in concierge class and suites.

5. Have never done a prestay in SF - you or your TA should be able to call Celebrity to find out if breakfast is included.

Formal nights are usually on sea days of short-stay port days.

If you booked the pre-stay through X, chances are breakfast will be free. It's also possible that your hotel offers it to everyone. That's what we've experienced during pre-stays in San Diego, London, San Juan and Sydney. TA booked us on our own in Aukland and we had to pay for breakfast and find our own transpo to the airport. But the hotel savings outweighed those expenses.

It's also possible that the hotel offers free breakfast to everyone. Check with your TA or the hotel website or call their 800 # and ask.

Alas, there were no free meals on the land tour in Alaska before the cruise. I've noticed that breakfast is free on the land tours of Italy in conjunction with Med. cruises.

great thanks

Paying for breakfast not a big deal but hoping if we get up v early ( will probably still be in UK time) we can see some of SF before we leave and hotel restaurants usually open at 6.30/7 ish.

Archived