50th Wedding Anniversary

mhdubgal

Hi, I am sailing with my parents who will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. I ordered the romance package for them. Can anyone else come up with some ideas on what else I can have done for them on the ship to celebrate the occassion??

Hi, I am sailing with my parents who will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. I ordered the romance package for them. Can anyone else come up with some ideas on what else I can have done for them on the ship to celebrate the occassion??

If they have the "Newlywed and Not-So Newlywed" game on the ship, maybe you could get in touch with the cruise director and have them participate in the game. They're usually looking for long time married couples. ;)

My in-laws also just celebrated their 50th anniversary this past year. For our family event, we had matching t-shirts printed up for each person who came on the trip with us (14 people in all). The t-shirts were labelled as "The Golden Anniversary Tour" and listed all the members of the travelling party and the destination of our family vacation. They were really cute and made for some wonderful family group pictures. The hard part is just guessing all the t-shirt sizes... :)

Debbie

Perhaps one of the ports will have a romantic carriage ride, or beach couples massage, or some other activity you could arrange in advance. Perhaps you could order robes, perhaps flowers, as well? Or bring a favorite box of chocolates and have the room steward put it in their room with a card?

My parents celebrated their 50th on the Pride of America. I told our server that it was their anniversary and he brought out a small cake. Several other servers gathered around and sang Let Me Call You Sweetheart. I don't know if they will do this on all ships, but it was very nice and wouldn't hurt to ask.

My parents celebrated their 50th on the Pride of America. I told our server that it was their anniversary and he brought out a small cake. Several other servers gathered around and sang Let Me Call You Sweetheart. I don't know if they will do this on all ships, but it was very nice and wouldn't hurt to ask.

They do indeed! The same thing happened to us on the Gem in March for our 30th Anniversary. What we found most charming was that the staff appeared to be genuinely interested in our anniversary and that added a little extra to the celebration for us. It was very sweet.

At LeBistro, when they got to the last line of the song, they turned to my husband who 'finished' the song. He received applause. One couple at a nearby table sent us martinis, and another couple came over to offer congratulations. At Tequila, when they came to the end of the song, they held up a napkin for us to lean in for a little kiss and just as the deed was being done, the napkin dropped and there were cheers.

An anniversary of 50 years is something very special to celebrate. You can have flowers in their cabin to go with the romance package if you wish. There are also formal photo sittings in the atrium on several evenings that may interest you.

Have a wonderful trip!

WinterSky

Archived