Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aleone

New C&A coupon policy???

I just received my new C&A magazine. All of the coupons require that you book your cruise between10/1/04 and 12/1/04. This is new because it appears that they cannot now be used retroactively! Previous issues required that the cruise only be booked prior to the end of a set period. Does anyone know anything about this policy? Is it a hard and fast rule?

Interesting, I hadn't noticed that change but I really didin't look that closely at the coupons since we're booked through 2005. I only glanced to see if any of our cruises were listed.

I just looked quick when I got the magazine and our cruise was listed . Great. :D Now you have me read the fine print. :( :( Maybe I'll have to try and see if they take it anyway. :confused:

I just looked quick when I got the magazine and our cruise was listed . Great. :D Now you have me read the fine print. :( :( Maybe I'll have to try and see if they take it anyway. :confused:

Please let me know if they do. I also just received a new $100 coupon for my cruise in the mail from RCI (not associated with the C&A magazine). It states that it applies to reservations made between 9/24/04 and 11/24/04. I booked in August.

My TA is closed on Saturday afternoon. I sent an email to her asking her to check into it for me.

I would think that RCCL would still honor the coupons, even if you had booked your cruise prior to the beginning date on the coupon. At this point, most of you should be outside the penalty period and there is nothing to keep you from cancelling your reservation and rebooking with the coupon. It would also create a lot of hard feelings for people who book their cruises early, which is what all cruise lines would like people to do, since the magazines usually only come out 6 months prior to the sailings they are offereing coupons for.

This was mentioned on our roll call for the 10/2 sailing.I booked mine on the 30th,the day after I got my mag....Surely...they will take it :confused: I sent C&A an e-mail last night,I will let ya'll know what I hear.

I am sailing on the Vision next March and there was a coupon. I had booked this mid September. The coupon's fine print said for new bookings 10/01/2004...Sooooooooo.. I called my TA, he proceeded to call RCCI and they cancelled and rebooked my trip so I could use the coupon.

Seems like a bunch of extra work for everybody but I did get to use the coupon.

Jill

When did everyone get the magazine. I live in AZ and have not gotten one yet the quarter. Plus I will be going Feb 07 -05 Monarch of the Seas, Can anyone tell me if there is a coupon for the 4 day sailing.

I would think that RCCL would still honor the coupons, even if you had booked your cruise prior to the beginning date on the coupon.

I like the fact that you are opitistic and giving RCI the benefit of the doubt but I would bet they didn't change the wording for nothing. It is unlikely that they were just looking for some words to fill up blank space on the coupon. I don't have the book with me but I wonder of there are coupons for sailings that are within 70 days. Those people don't have the option of rebooking and now probably can't use the coupons either.

How did you get the $100.00 coupon, this is 6th cruise never recieved coupons inthe mail. We have only got the c&a coupons in the the book. I just book your cruise for January 2005.

Fran

When did everyone get the magazine. I live in AZ and have not gotten one yet the quarter. Plus I will be going Feb 07 -05 Monarch of the Seas, Can anyone tell me if there is a coupon for the 4 day sailing.

I live in the East Valley too....Go our Crown and Anchor mag. last Friday. They stagger mailings so you should receive yours soon.

Jill

Hello, I am from AZ also. Have not received my mag yet, hopefully soon, need to see if any of my upcoming cruises are in there.

The $100 coupon came in the mail as part of a promotional flyer directly from RCI. I sure hope it won't be necessary for everyone to re-book just to take advantage of any coupon. Sounds like it could be a nightmare for TAs and RCI, but those of us who are booked way out in advance may have no other choice. $100 is a lot of money to me and worth going for. I'm still waiting to hear from my TA to see what she has to say about all this.

Tony

There is a $50 coupon for the 4 night Baja sailing of the Monarch for 2/7/05.

Also, I just looked at all of the coupons and the earliest sailing date offered is 2/4/05. Therefore, there should not be anyone within the penalty period at this point and everyone should be able to cancel and rebook their cruise, if that's what they have to do to use the coupons. Whether the pricing is still the same as what you got when you booked your cruise is another matter.

Good luck everyone.

I know that I need to just call the agent I booked with,to ask these questions..But you guys are so much faster:) If you cancel and rebook,is the insurance "refundable". I know that there is a processing fee with my TA,if you cancel,and that is minimal,and I would hope that they would waive that.Although,why should they,if they are going to force me to rebook because of one day:rolleyes: But If I am gonna loose the 45 pp I paid for insurance,then its not worth the hassle:confused:

I have received some $100 coupons, and they are for Rhapsody only. I guess RCI is sending to people in the Texas and surrounding states only.

I have one with the name lists as 'tba', if any one want to take a chance on using this couple please drop me an email datpham1@yahoo.com, and I will send it to the first received email.

From what I remember for the date, it is valid for most of the Feb, Sept, Oct.

Dat

Checked with my TA and if I cancel and rebook I would lose my on ship booking credit and Platinum credit. I don't think I will do that!!:(

I can see losing your onboard credit, but why would you lose your Platinum credit? :confused: :confused: You don't have to book onboard to get those.

Here's the response I just got from my TA. It doesn't look promising -

"I guess that they are putting dates on them now. Most of the other cruise lines have been doing this for years. We can try to send in one of the coupons to see if they will honor it, but because the booking dates don't match there is no guarantee. Let me know what you want to do."

Tony

My wife just got off the phone with RCCL's Crown and Anchor customer rep and she was told by them that it just went into effect. Celebrity had been doing it for a year and when the 2 cruiselines joined together for the same cruise credits they merged all of the cruiselines guidelines for credits together.

The customer rep also told my wife you could cancel your booking and re-book but to make sure the price of the cruise has not gone up since you first booked. If it has gone up you might not be saving any money at all using the coupons.

My wife was told that they just got off the phone earlier with a customer that was really mad because they cancelled their booking and re-booked to use the coupons and ending up paying $300 more with the coupons than their origional booking price was.

We had been looking forward to see if we would get a coupon to use for our 2 staterooms on the Mariner next year and guess we can forget about it now.

So what is the advantage of booking early????????

Other of course than to protect your price and or get the cabin you want. We have 4 cruises booked......1 Princess, 1 Celebrity and 2 on RC, one we booked out for April of 2006.............so if I understand this (please correct me) by booking 20 months in advance........and then let's say in the Spring of 05 issue there is a coupon for my cruise already booked.........I'm out of luck because it doesn't fall into "their dates" or because it is not a "new booking"........am I getting this right.........???

Use my money for 20 months but don't allow me to use a coupon when it finally appears??

Jim

Just got off the phone myself..and as I said..I booked on the 30th.....and I booked just because of the coupon.And yes..I know it says between Oct1st and 12/1...but that is also a new practice.The lady was VERY rude,and gave me no options but to send it in,and see what happens..To fax it would take about 2 days to review..but she said they 'NORMALLY" WILL NOT accept it if it does not fall within these dates.I said..well this is the first time they have done "between" dates. she stammered something and said thats all I Can tell you!

Calling my TA now to see how much I will loose by rebooking!