Partial voyage--full voyage--???

PBNJ620

I have no idea on how to tell which cruise is which when I am searching. I am looking to cruise in September, October or November (preferably September), but can't seem to figure out which is the full voyage. I assume it's by starting and ending in different ports but I want to be sure. Can anyone recommend any specific cruise ? I would like to travel on Royal Carribean but would consider Princess as well. THANKS for any help that you can offer. I am so confused! :confused:

As far as RCI is concerned, The Monarch, Radiance and Serenade are all doing complete Canal transits, all in October. These cruises are all from the west coast to east coast. The Jewel will start "partial" transits in November from Miami until about April. Most partial transits will begin and end in Florida. Princess does operate a partial Canal transit from California, I don't know the time frame those cruises operate. Cruises that begin and end in the same port are the partial transits. If you have any other questions, I'll try to answer them.

Most full transits begin in Florida and end in one of the West Coast ports - SD, LA, SF, SEA, VAN. There are many of these in the Spring - April - as they are repositioning through the canal and on to begin their Alaska itineraries.

OR - they begin in a West Coast port, transit the canal, and end in Florida. Many of these are in the Fall - September/October - as they are repositioning through the canal to begin their Winter itineraries.

There are exceptions to this but if you want to do a full transit in September, you should have lots of choices.

Are you interested in all the ports you would see from East to West Coasts (or the other way around)? We decided on a partial transit mostly because we did not necessarily want to hit the Mexican ports. We are more interested in the Caribbean isles and the Canal. Because it is a partial crossing of the Canal, we plan to take the shore excursion offered that puts you on a ferry and goes throught the rest of the locks of the Canal. Thus you get the full canal/locks crossing but you stay on the east coast side (rd.trip Ft. Lauderdale for us on HAL coming up in December).

Archived