Those who we're on CP that got cut to 5 day 9/4 plz read

travelscrapper

DH & I just got home from 7/5 day carib Princess. Can someone send me a copy of what compensation you guys got.....I belive that it was 50% per person back as well as $100.00 per person or stateroom credit. Does anyone have a copy of the letter that Princess gave you guys...that they can e-mail over to me....I would also like to know how far in advance they notified you guys that you're itin was changing??? We got notified 9:30am Saturday am from Princess that the ship was delayed...too late we we're already in Florida.

I just dont understand why they would give you guys back more $ than us. The 30% doesnt even come close to covering travel expenses that we incurred...of course we had travel insurance but that's not the point.

Thanks

Sherri

diplomatsherri@yahoo.com

I'm interested in hearing about your compensation-- we were on the cruise right before you, the one that stayed out for 2 extra days. I was curious as to how they were going to make it up to you. You got 30% back? Of all that you paid? What else?

Sherri: Sorry, I didn't save anything telling us about the refund. We did get 50% back, which has already been credited to my credit card account, as well as $100 per person shipboard credit.

I found out first about the itin change and the departure date change from this board. Princess did call us on Saturday evening I believe to tell us the ship would be leaving on Monday evening and I think they confirmed the itin change at that time. As we stood on line for boarding, they handed out papers telling us about the change.

Hi travelscrapper!! We were on the Caribbean Princess with you. If you can come up with any "documentation" to send Princess, please let me know what you're going to do, so we can do it too. We can't understand how they decided to offer us only 30% when they gave 50% to the group 3 weeks ago. I had called Princess checking on an upgrade before we left and the rep said that they hadn't decided if they were going to "offer more" yet. So...maybe if everybody "pushes" it, they will "equal" the offer that the other group received. We did really enjoy the ship though!! It's just the "principal"...and we had three cabins in our group!!

they will cover you as well. For any additional expenses. Under the trip delay coverage.

They are also covering for the people that were out 2 days longer as they had to incur addtional expenses as well. However, from what I understand they are not covering lost wages.

Sorry I didn't receive anything in writing from Princess regarding our our refund and the only thing I have with the onboard credit is my stateroom account summary. As for the schedule I found out on these boards as it was confirm by my TA when he got the call from Princess. 1st change was on Thursday moving our Saturday departure to Sunday. Then again it was changed on Friday from Sunday to Monday. I had to call the airline TWICE to get my flight changed ( saturday to sunday then sunday to monday). Thank You America Airlines for not charging my a change fee on the second change!

Ughhh I really hope someone can dig up an old letter from the 9/4 sailing. I just cant see not giveing us equal compensation like they did the cruisers on the 5th. I hope maybe it will be on my history at the office. As far as I'm concerned they set a President when they gave the first group the 50% discount. To me this isnt fair...it's like we arent as valuable to them as the 9/4 cruisers were. They can take their future cruise credit as well---I really cant say that I'm a Princess only kind of cruiser. I really wanted to try RCL next cruise out and dont like to be put in this situation that I have to cruise with Princess again to receive some kind of compesation. I feel like we we're paying for the group ahead of us to stay out at sea 2 days longer. 30% isnt a lot in the big scheme of things. I can say that I wouldn't have paid that much for a 5 day cruise. We all need to get together on this one.

Sherri

PS: I understand that my travel insurance will cover the hotel and car cost what I'm more PO about is that Princess didn't "value" our refund or compsensaton the same way they did for the first 7 nt cruise that got cut to 5 nights....what's the differnece in their eyes?

If I'm reading the below correctly, I believe we will receive the following credit towards a future cruise, dependent upon what type stateroom you book. My only thought on this is that we were booked in a balcony on this cruise and should be given that credit for what cabin we had not what we book in the future. Also, a credit of $15.16 per person for government taxes and fees was applied. I did book an open booking future cruise onboard, but was not able to apply it as a deposit. It will be deducted from the price of your cruise. My take on this is I would have preferred some onboard credit versus a future booking and by the looks of things if you don't book a future cruise with Princess I guess we are SOL.

The following is content from the letter we received onboard the CP on the Sep 27th cruise:

As a reminder and further to previous communications with you and your travel agent, all passengers will receive a refund of 30% of your cruise fair. Refund checks will be processed by our Corporate Office and forwarded to you via your travel agent. Credit card refunds will be made directly to your charge account.

In addition, we are happy to provide you with a Future Cruise Credit applicable to any voyage departing on or before June 30, 2006. The value of the cruise credit is dependent on the category booked on your next voyage. The values are as follows:

Inside stateroom - 100$ USD per person

Outside stateroom - $150 USD per person

Balcony - $200 USD per person

Mini Suite/Suite - $250.00 USD per person

To ensure that your credit is properly applied, a record of this offer is kept in our reservations database.

We bought the Travelex insurance and they told us that the "trip delay" clause will pay up to $750 per person for accommodations and food for the two days we were "delayed". Our TA said that she thinks the "30%" is based on full rates so we might get a little more than what we paid. So...if your TA discounted the rates, you might get a little more also. It's probably a "waste of time" complaining to them but....the girl I spoke with before we sailed did mention that they hadn't decided whether to give us "more" or not. It was probably just to "shut us up" though!! The ship was fatastic and I don't have any complaints about that but...just don't understand why the other group got more.

Travelscrapper--

I did some "searching" and found this on an old thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=75586&page=4&pp=25&highlight=9%2F4

Caribbean Princess Voyage B436: Originally scheduled to return Saturday, September 4

Because Port Everglades will be closed on Saturday, September 4 and most of Sunday, September 5, Caribbean Princess is expected to arrive from its current sailing Monday, September 6, in the morning.

After an extended stay in Cozumel, the ship has now departed and is en route to Fort Lauderdale, avoiding the path of the hurricane.

Princess is currently re-booking air flights for those passengers who made their air arrangements through Princess. These new flights will be communicated to passengers onboard, once they are confirmed.

Princess is currently advising all travel agents with passengers booked of the itinerary change, and advising them to re-schedule the air flights for those passengers who have made independent flight arrangements.

Passengers onboard Caribbean Princess will be able to use the internet and phone services, on a complimentary basis, to make alternate travel arrangements and to advise family members, as needed.

Caribbean Princess Voyage B437: Originally scheduled to depart Saturday, September 4

Because of the delay returning to Port Everglades, this cruise is now scheduled to depart on Monday, September 6 at 10 pm.

As the ship's sailing schedule has been shortened by two days, the itinerary has been changed to a 5-day Western Caribbean route to provide passengers with the optimum port experience. Unfortunately, Caribbean Princess' delayed departure will not allow the ship to make its original calls, and we regret any disappointment this may cause. The new ports will be Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

Passengers and their travel agents are currently being contacted to advise them of this change, and are being advised to make alternative flight arrangements. Passengers who have booked their air through Princess will automatically be rescheduled on new flights arriving in Fort Lauderdale Monday, September 6.

Because of the change in the cruise itinerary, passengers will receive a 50% refund on their cruise fare, plus each passenger will receive an onboard cruise credit of $100.

Passengers will be responsible for the cost of their own incidentals relating to travel to the ship.

If passengers are unable to continue with their plans to sail on this voyage, they may choose between a future cruise credit or a full refund.

I was on the 9/6 and there was a note in our cabin last day about refunds- I know I saved it - let me look through the front of my luggage - If I find it what do you want me to do with it -------------

MARLY - When did your credit get posted??? I just checked my cc and nothing - and right now I could use it to book another cruise :)

Paula

Just home from the 9/25 sailing also. Thank you for taking the time to look for the old documents.

I say ditto to all the above comments.

People on board who had Travelguard had already been told that it would be covered and to save their reciepts. Tomorrow I will dive into the Princess policy with the TA. Has anyone with the Princess policy checked yet?

Paula could you either make a copy and mail it to me or scan it and post it ?

I want to inclulde a hard copy with my letter to Princess asking how they could offer you guys a 50% refund and us only a 30% refund.

Please e-mail me and let me know or post here and we'll figure it out. I know my fellow cruisers on the 9/27 sailing would also like a copy for their records.

Thanks~

Sheri

found it - Sheri please email me Pemdvs@aol.com

I do not have a scanner but will be more than happy to send it to you Sheri, and you can get it scanned and out to your fellow passangers.....it has all the things they gave us - we did not receive a discount on another cruise. I had a great trip no complaints!

Marly - Thanks for the information :) I called Princess and got the old run around....... told me they can only process one refund at a time yadyad... I said to the girl, Oh I was hopeing for it soon so I could book my May trip - funny she was willing to see about a future cruise credit and told me I could have that applied tomarrow - I declined .......so I am just waiting ........

If any cruisers after me (9/6) get refund posted please post it.....

Paula

Guest caribcruzin

I was not on either of the cruises in question, but had been following. My take on the situation of why one group was offered a 50% refund and the other 30% refund is this....the group offered the 50% actually had the delay changed twice. First the Carribbean Princess was set to depart on Sunday night and many cruisers booked their arrangements to accomodate the first change. Then when it was found out that Port Everglades would not be open as expected, teh departure was changed to Monday night. Many cruisers had to again change their arrangements...twice. With the group of cruisers who are being offered a 30% refund....the Caribbean Princess was changed to depart MOnday night right from the beginning of the change. The 30% refund makes up for the two days missed. The amount of your cruise fair for a 7 day cruise minus 2 days is a little more than 28% of the total cost. So Princess did compensate for the days missed. However, to all of those who did chose to cruise....you did have the option of cancelling and getting 100% refund. Not sure why people like to compain.....

I think most of us had already flown to Fort Lauderdale by the time we found out about the changes late Friday. I called Princess several times and they said that nothing had changed. So....cancelling wasn't really an option....or an intelligent option anyway!! The airports were closed so we'd have been stuck there anyway.

:( I, too, just returned from Caribbean Princess Voyage 440. I am very unhappy with the refund that Princess has offered us and I just finished writing a letter to them. I hope others on this cruise will do the same. The address is:

CUSTOMER RELATIONS

PRINCESS CRUISES

24305 TOWN CENTER DR.

SANTA CLARITA, CA 91355-4999

BTW, Voyage B437 may have had their departure changed twice but 150 of us from Las Vegas that had booked Voyage 440 wound up on the very cold floor of Falcon Cove Middle School in the Red Cross Shelter when we were evacuated from our hotel while waiting for our ship to depart. The Red Cross was wonderful to us but they did not have any blankets or pillows for us because of the 3 previous Hurricanes and the shelters that were set up then. No, it is not Princess's fault, but they set a precedent with Voyage B437 and I feel they should offer us the same refund and credit they offered them.

LV Cruiser:( :( :(

Well said, LV Cruiser!!! We were lucky enough to be able to stay at our hotel for the next two nights because I made the reservations that first night when we arrived. Shortly thereafter, they were full, along with all the other hotels in Fort Lauderdale. We did purchase travel Insurance, which should reimburse us for the hotel and food part.

Archived