Booking to be re-scheduled

ncrunner

My first thread, I hope I am doing this right. I have a booking number for Carnival Destiny on 1-17-09 booked through an on-line agency. I understand the ship has been chartered for this date. I don't know what to expect but I think I am getting the run around. Help

My guess is that if the whole ship is chartered they will offer to move your booking to another date based on availability, of course. They would transfer the deposit. Perhaps you'd be willing to take another CCL ship for the same date. If neither worked, and you just wanted to cancel completely, you'd be refunded your deposit less any cancellation penalty your TA had.

You might be able to get a shipboard credit for your inconvenience. If they don't offer it, you should ask for that or for an upgrade on the cabin category if you're looking for some compensation for the inconvenience. I don't know that you'd get anything, but you might, and it doesn't hurt to ask.

Usually Carnival spells out your options when they send out the notice. I don't know why your TA is being vague, maybe they haven't received the notice yet. The ususal options are:

• Cancel with refund.
  • Same ship different week.
  • Same week different ship.

Does this type of thing happen often? Finding out only 9 months out your cruise is canceled? Guess I would be taking a land vacation if it happens to me. For Feb '09 I've got my flight booked, reserved my hotels and car through priceline so no refund, arranged time off work, etc.

If it's over a year out other things wouldn't be booked. But under a year and people start getting everything else lined up!

I was actually booked on this sailing .... it was for my wedding .... invitations and everything had already gone out with the cruise info. I found out that a group chartered it out - forcing me to change my date and send out NEW invitations. This cost me A LOT of money.

I am now on the Destiny sailing 2-19-09

Archived