How hot is it in June?

Hi! Long-time lurker, new at posting.

We are going to the Western Caribbean in June, and I've been wondering if this is a good idea. Is it really, really hot in June? Is there some reason that the other cruise lines don't go to the Caribbean in June?

We have been to the E Carib in November and the W Carib in December, and the weather was perfect. I'm getting nervous.

This time we are going in June so that we can take our DS15.

It's not the heat--it's the humidity!!!! The summer months are much more humid than any other season! It's the tropics--it's quite warm all year round--the humidity increases in late May-Sept!

Don't be nervous! Just bring lightweight clothes!

Do you mean cruise lines like...HAL, Princess, Celebrity? They usually go to Europe or Alaska for the summer.

I have been to Mexico in early July and it is hot. But then you are by the ocean and that is very refreshing.

Just be sure to pay extra attention to using sunscreen. The sun will do a number on untanned skin. Sun poisoning (as experienced by my now ex-husband was not fun).

Hello,

We went to the Western Caribbean in June two years ago and it was never too hot. It was warm, but humid which made it seem hot but never uncomfortable. The only time we were actually cold was in Grand Cayman and that was because we got hit by a rain storm while on our way back from the the Stingray Excursion. Everything was soaked including our towels but other than that the weather was great!

Have fun!

Hi! Long-time lurker, new at posting.

We are going to the Western Caribbean in June, and I've been wondering if this is a good idea. Is it really, really hot in June? Is there some reason that the other cruise lines don't go to the Caribbean in June?

We have been to the E Carib in November and the W Carib in December, and the weather was perfect. I'm getting nervous.

This time we are going in June so that we can take our DS15.

We'e cruised to Bermuda, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and San Juan several times in early to mid June. It's hot in St. Maarten and St. Thomas but not that bad but it's brutal in San Juan. Definitely a ship day for us by the pool!:)

is it hot as you can see can be like asking is the food good very subjective. I think it was very hot when I went to tulum in September but if they had shelters of any sort it would not have been a problem the just left you in open sun there and that was the problem. I find that I do alot of tours and most of the time they are in a van and go to places that have some place with shade and drinks. so although I found it hot at tulum I did not find it hot in caymen or Mobay last year. I think it was mostly due to the types of tours I was doing. Shade in trees as zipline in mo bay, and A/C in van on caymen tour, but the no shade of anykind made it seem very hot at tulum. As long as you want to get in the water its a good cool off. Just pick tours wisely

We sailed to W. Caribbean on the Grandeur two years ago during the first 9/10 days in July. We found the only place that was really "hot & humid" was Key West. Mexico surprised us big time because it was hotter in Philly and Balto. than it was there.

Thanks everyone... I feel better, now. We live in the South, so we are used to the temperatures in the 90's in the summer, although we do stay inside in our air conditioned comfort for the most part when it's hot.

Our plans are Grand Cayman: Stingray City w/ Nativeway; Ocho Rios: Canopy zipline; Cozumel: Paradise Beach and shopping; Labadee: well, Labadee.

So from what you've said, bring lots of sunscreen and dress for the heat. We'll just hope for the best.

you can go to weatherdotcom and click on the travel section...you can put in the cities or countries you will be visiting and see what the weather is there...including, I believe, averages for the months that you will be traveling...Jimmy

We went this route mid June last year, we are Floridians and now what hot is.........we thought it was hot! Remember how much more intense the suns rays are--get a good wide brim hat! Labadee was scorching by 2pm. Grand Cayman we were on the water on amazing jet ski to Sting Rays city. In Jamaica the zip lines be ready for a very strenuous hike to the first platform( and I am in good shape!)Then you have to walk out a beautiful trail for about 15 minutes. They meet you in the parking lot with water!!! Yep its hot but so wonderful- we're going agian this year.

Janet524: Hi! I only wish it were true that we are getting a bargain because it's a June sailing. Quite the contrary.

Last November we had a JS on the Radiance for an 8 night E Carib for about $1200 pp. For our June 15th 7 night sailing on Mariner W Carib (also a JS) the rate was $1850 pp, plus $1000 for our DS15.

Very expensive in my book, but it's the best time to go if we want to take our son.

JimPop: Thanks for the tip about checking the weather.

zip line is great, you should dress for the occasion and have good shoes or boots would be much better, it can get muddy and slippery in some places. And go for "the pork pit" after the tour its in the tourist village area just get a cab much better jerk then the one at the end of the zip.

Archived