Solstice CC and Sofa

güerejo

Just booked #9306 on Solstice for the April TA. It's going to be myself, my husband and my mother-in-law. We kept trying to convince her to do a cruise and we all said we wanted to go to Europe, so we're killing two birds with one stone so to speak :D I've read a couple posts about the trundle/pullman set-up on Solstice. On the deck plans, 9306 has an outlined box (not a filled in one), which is supposed to mean a sofa bed that sleeps two. That said, the only ones with sofa beds that sleep one are the wheelchair accessible rooms, so I'm guessing they're all pretty much the same. The pictures show what looks like a trundle that will pull-up from under the sofa (I'm guessing) and allow the sofa and trundle to act as one big bed. Does this sound about right? Also, as we're in CC, we want to be able to take advantage of the in-room breakfast service. I'd like for us to be able to eat out on the balcony, anyone have experience doing this with three people in CC? Is there enough room? Would they bring an extra chair or should I lug a folding one from home? Thanks :)

It's really difficult for anyone to answer that question since no one has been on Solstice yet but if the regular CC balconies and tables are the same size as the rest of the fleet it will be unlikely that three will be able to eat outdoors. The tables are barely even large enough for two.

Are the cabins or balconies on the CC intented to be larger on the Solstice designed to be larger. I know that no one as yet been on the ship, but is it the plan or not?

As I recall they are larger on some of the other ships, but not always.

Just booked #9306 on Solstice for the April TA. It's going to be myself, my husband and my mother-in-law. We kept trying to convince her to do a cruise and we all said we wanted to go to Europe, so we're killing two birds with one stone so to speak :D I've read a couple posts about the trundle/pullman set-up on Solstice. On the deck plans, 9306 has an outlined box (not a filled in one), which is supposed to mean a sofa bed that sleeps two. That said, the only ones with sofa beds that sleep one are the wheelchair accessible rooms, so I'm guessing they're all pretty much the same. The pictures show what looks like a trundle that will pull-up from under the sofa (I'm guessing) and allow the sofa and trundle to act as one big bed. Does this sound about right? Also, as we're in CC, we want to be able to take advantage of the in-room breakfast service. I'd like for us to be able to eat out on the balcony, anyone have experience doing this with three people in CC? Is there enough room? Would they bring an extra chair or should I lug a folding one from home? Thanks :)

It appears that the Soltstice balconies are mostly 54 sq ft. The Millenium (non-suite) class balconies range from 38 - 41 sq ft, so the extra 13 - 16 sq ft should accommodate another person quite easily if the tables are positioned to allow it. ;)

Archived