Express Walk off on Explorer

I have read in previous posts that express walk off was introduced on the Explorer over the winter. Just wanted to make sure it was still an option and get some opinions from those of you who have done it. We will be self parking and feel this would be a great advantage for us when leaving the ship.

Thanks!

It is an option but you have to sign up very early in the week as a majority of the people on this ship will drive to the port. You have to carry all of your luggage yourselves and be able to put it on the shuttle bus.

What time will we be allowed off the ship? Basically wondering if you save alot of time with express walk off. Not that I want to leave the ship early :( but I'm sure my Mother-in-law will be looking foward to my DH and my return home...lol

I also want to know what time. I like to go to breakfast and relax in my room before leaving the ship.

Well, you need to be out of your cabin by 8 at the latest, but I'm not sure when they start self-debarkation. Never would try it in Bayonne as you have to haul all of your stuff onto the shuttle and off again.

Well, you need to be out of your cabin by 8 at the latest,

If you have established a rapport with your room steward, they will certainly not complain if you leave you luggage in the cabin until you finish breakfast, even if it is after 8AM

Just got back from Liberty of the Seas this past weekend. We did express walk off. We had to be out of our cabin with our luggage between 6:15 and 6:45. No time for breakfast but we were off the ship and thru customs within 1 hour. It was really nice and not having to give up your luggage the night before was nice. It worked great for us as we had an 11:00 AM flight home. We had plenty of time.

We did express walk off the Explorer beginning of April. They requested we be out of our room by 8 and suggested we wait in Studio B, but not easy with luggage. We waited in the area where they put the pictures we can buy, it was pretty crowded.

We were group 5 and were called around 8:45. The buses are not user friendly with luggage so if you are heavily packed, it might not be a good idea.

We were out of the parking lot by 9:20 so for us it worked great.

And conversely ... what about carrying luggage on board rather than checking it in. For two people, one 30" rolling duffle, one standard airline carry on and a knapsack?

I wouldn't expect a problem on or off ... am I right?

And conversely ... what about carrying luggage on board rather than checking it in. For two people, one 30" rolling duffle, one standard airline carry on and a knapsack?

I wouldn't expect a problem on or off ... am I right?

Remember when you are boarding that all your luggage has to go through a scanner, about the size of the one at the airport. You will need to check your 30" rolling duffle.

Just got back from Liberty of the Seas this past weekend.

The disembarkment process at Cape Liberty is different than at other ports (like Miami where you sailed from). After you get off the ship at Cape Liberty, you have to take a shuttle to the terminal so it really does become an issue of whether or not you can truly carry all your own bags

Archived