Bottle vs. per glass

alwazbuzy

Does anyone recollect how much a glass of a simple white wine (chardonnay or sauvignon blanc) would cost at a bar on Sovereign of the Seas (RCI)-gratuity excluded.

I'm trying to figure if it would be a better deal to order a bottle for my state room, or pay per glass.

Yes, it helps...thank you.

Guess I'm looking at roughly $29-35 for five glasses of wine (gratuity included). I'll just have to compare that to the cost of bottles + gratuity and make my choice.

The costs seem to be about the same. I suppose the deciding factor at this point is the "refill" convenience that comes with the bottle.

On most of our cruises, because my wife drinks non-alcoholic wines, we order a bottle at the bar(s) we frequent the most and they serve from HER bottle. It's not only cheaper but it saves the bartender having to find the wine she drinks. One amusing cruise - there was only one bottle available the first day out because they hadn't sorted out their inventory. That bottle went everywhere with us that first day:D

Actually, we sail on Princess and bring a bottle or two on board with us for our room for a 12-day cruise. We like to enjoy a glass of white wine on the balcony in the late afternoon. We may also order wine with dinner in the dining room. We often only drink part of the bottle, and the head waiter will re-cork the bottle and store in their wine cellar for us -- returning the bottle to our table the next evening for us to finish. Works out well for us....

Archived