*scubagirl*

jesska

Hi there...you seem to be the expert on the area : ) I'm trying to decide which company to go with for a snorkeling excursion.

I know that alot of people recommend Stuart Cove, but it seems to be an excursion with alot of people and I don't really care to do the shark thing. That being said, I've also read where you recommend Flying Cloud, and I've also heard of Barefoot Cruises. Between those two, which would you say is the better excursion? Thank you for your help and wealth of information! : )

Do you live in the Bahamas? You are always here to help everyone with info - it is very nice of you to take that time. Thank you. :)

(My husband & I will be in Nassau on the Fascination this weekend.)

I have one more question regarding verizon cell phone coverage. I do have national access roaming on my plan and I did call verizon and they told me that I have to dial *228 before I leave and I'll be charged $1.49 / min. in the Bahamas.

I just did a search and read posts where you stated that Verizon does NOT work there. ???

I am so confused. I do need to make a call.....thanks again for any input. i don't understand why verizon would tell me that it will work and what the charge would be.....

I was in Nassau in January and had no problem using my verizon cell phone near Fort Fincastle. I didn't look to see how much that call cost me, but my monthly bill didn't change dramatically, so I assume it wasn't much. I also didn't dial anything special before I made my call - just dialed as usual. HTH:D

Hi there...you seem to be the expert on the area : ) I'm trying to decide which company to go with for a snorkeling excursion.

I know that alot of people recommend Stuart Cove, but it seems to be an excursion with alot of people and I don't really care to do the shark thing. That being said, I've also read where you recommend Flying Cloud, and I've also heard of Barefoot Cruises. Between those two, which would you say is the better excursion? Thank you for your help and wealth of information! : )

Do you live in the Bahamas? You are always here to help everyone with info - it is very nice of you to take that time. Thank you. :)

(My husband & I will be in Nassau on the Fascination this weekend.)

FLying cloud is a nice big catamaran with lots of space.. Sometimes it's a bit crowded.. other times not.

Barefoot Cruises is a nice SAILBOAT adventure. Goes to the same spot. Great Crew.. but hold only about 10 people or so.. you'll have a more personal experience.

Either would be a WONDERFUL experience.

As for Verizon. I'm told by many that their phones work in and around the area. With that said.. even bahamian cells don't get GREAT service and are hit or miss.. so always have a back up plan.

I believe Verizon Charges $1.49 or so a minutes.. but last time I used my verizon .. I got a charge 3 months later from batelco for using thier towers.

Figure about $2.29 a minute for most service providers. Check with YOUR provider to see if you have international service. You'll need a GSM phone with 1900 mhz frequency in order to get service. (most phones are compatible.)

Archived