princess caribbean - balcony or inside cabin

formula14

I'll start by saying we LOVE balcony rooms however, if you've never been and have nothing to compare to, take the inside cabin & save your money for shore excursions or perhaps your next cruise. If you go again, "upgrade" by trying an outside or balcony. Once you balcony...you won't want to go back down and inside. I would add though, that if I had a chance to go cruising and the only room available or the only one I could justify the cost for was an inside, I'd pack my bags and go inside.

I know a lot of people say that once you have a balcony, you'll be spoiled and never want anything less, but I guess I am in the minority on this one. We do balcony cabins on cruises with exotic itineraries that we are unlikely to repeat. And we do inside on itineraries we do quite a bit (like Caribbean). I've never yet had a perfect balcony experience...either there is noise or smoke coming from another balcony, or a light is left on next door all night long, or it is too hot (around the equator) or too cold (Tasmania) or too windy (lots of places) to really get the full enjoyment out of it.

I guess I really am an "inside cabin" person who just happens to get a balcony cabin on occasion and tries to enjoy the enjoyable aspects of it and tolerate the less than enjoyable aspects. And, frankly, we like the layout of inside cabins on Princess better than their balcony cabins.

We had inside cabins on our first two cruises (as college students we had the Ramen Noodle of cabins...2 uppers on the bottom deck). You will have so much fun enjoying the ship and visiting the ports of call that you won't mind being inside. Our next cruise was our first balcony, and you will undoubtedly enjoy that on future cruises. Coffee or tea and breakfast on your balcony is the best! However, now that's all we want to do, so I say enjoy the savings on your first cruise and upgrade if you decide cruising is for you! :) T

I've cruised twice with an inside cabin, and will never do it again. I was so claustrophobic, though both times it was a really large cabin with couch sitting area. There were drapes on the wall where the window would be, and I kept pulling them back out of habit.

Now we almost always cruise with a balcony, a mini-suite if we can swing it. But, on really pricey cruises we will go with an outside. We've been able to find a partially obstructed view on the deck below the lifeboats that was between two lifeboats, and had a great view that was not obstructed. And, the savings was quite a bit over other outside cabins.

Enjoy yourself!

I know a lot of people say that once you have a balcony, you'll be spoiled and never want anything less, but I guess I am in the minority on this one. We do balcony cabins on cruises with exotic itineraries that we are unlikely to repeat. And we do inside on itineraries we do quite a bit (like Caribbean). I've never yet had a perfect balcony experience...either there is noise or smoke coming from another balcony, or a light is left on next door all night long, or it is too hot (around the equator) or too cold (Tasmania) or too windy (lots of places) to really get the full enjoyment out of it.

I guess I really am an "inside cabin" person who just happens to get a balcony cabin on occasion and tries to enjoy the enjoyable aspects of it and tolerate the less than enjoyable aspects. And, frankly, we like the layout of inside cabins on Princess better than their balcony cabins.

You ain't the Lone Ranger on this. I've had balconies and a minisuite. My last two were insides and I was happy, happy, happy.

The only time I would rebook a balcony is for an Alaska cruise.

As to space, on most Princess ships the insides and balconies have the same. or near to the same, cabin space. Insides are generally 160sft. Oceanviews, which are identical in cabin size to balconies,

are 160 to 180sft.

I've cruised 3 times and have only ever been in an inside cabin - I'm afraid that if I booked a balcony I could never go back to the inside. Booking an inside on a higher deck (Riviera, Lido) is a bit more expensive than the lower decks, but I find it is worth it as you are close to the pools. I would much rather spend the money saved on excursions or fun stuff for the family. The dark of an inside cabin is also great - you can nap at any time and it is pitch black. All in all, if you get to go on a cruise, any cabin is fantastic - you all share the same food and entertainment services.:D

Archived