Monarch or Majesty for 4 day cruise????

since they are the same class the differences between the ships will be minimul. We were just on Monarch and she was in great shape. The staff, ship and food were all very good. Will they be leaving from the same port...if not that would be something to consider...getting to the port

We have actually been on both ships: Monarch shortly after her renovation in 2004 and Majesty shortly after her reno in 2007 (how's that for weird coincidences?) They are very similar in layout and design.

Majesty did receive Johnny Rockets and the little deli above the Windjammer whose name escapes me. Both have a Sorrento's pizza.

The cabins on both ships are very small, so if it's for a special occasion and you can spring for a Superior Ocean View on deck 9, I think you would like it. The Junior Suites looked great, but we couldn't justify the added cost for a 4-day port-intensive cruise.

Monarch will be leaving out of Port Canaveral and does Nassau and CocoCay; Majesty sails out of Miami and adds Key West to Nassau and CocoCay. Both the ports and the sea day vs. Key West may help make your decision for you.

I think you will have a great time with either choice!

PHXscuba

"You can't have everything -- besides, where would you put it all?":D

Archived