Does Carnival have its own Private Island...?

Carnival shares Half Moon Cay with some other cruise line (can't remember right now, maybe Princess?). RCCL has their own island Coco Cay. I've only been on Coco Cay, and it is gorgeous. From what I've read on here though, HMC is even better!!! We will be going there on the Fascination in Sept.

Carnival shares Half Moon Cay with some other cruise line (can't remember right now, maybe Princess?). RCCL has their own island Coco Cay. I've only been on Coco Cay, and it is gorgeous. From what I've read on here though, HMC is even better!!! We will be going there on the Fascination in Sept.
Yep...not their island but it is Holland America's island. And it is beautiful. Been there three times with HAL and will be there on Carnival this fall....A really nice lazy day with beautiful sand and water......;)

I do think you could get a lot of things with your S&S. Plus they provided lunch and the band from the Lido deck come ashore and played for the day!! I absolutely loved HMC when we were there. I REALLY wish I could go there more often. and by itself. I'd be fine with going there for 3 days in a row!!

Isn't HAL owned by Carnival Corp??

The Princess private island in the Bahamas is... Princess Cays (creative name, huh?!)

Wish Carnival would call on it, just as they share HAL's island. It is nice as well (although the swimming area isn't as good). I also wish one of the stops on the new Conquest Bahamas itinerary stopped at one of the private islands instead (I refuse to call it an "Eastern Caribbean" itinerary as termed by Carnival!)

Labadee is a private beach but not private island, it is leased land. Coco Cay is nice but is nothing compared to HMC which is the best I have been to. Drinks can go on the S&S. The food is good and there is plenty, they unload off the ship in the morning and the waiters get off to work. There is a bar on the beach. One ship at a time and that is all that is there.

Disney has Castaway Cay

Norwigian has Great Stirup Cay

Hmmm...I wonder...if Oceania had their own island, do you think they might name it O Cay? :p :D

Cindy

Just to let you know...."Cay" is pronounced "Key" so I guess you would have to say ......O"key" dokey......:p ;) :D

Just to let you know...."Cay" is pronounced "Key" so I guess you would have to say ......O"key" dokey......:p ;) :D

Yeah, I thought of that after I posted, but thought 'what the heck'? It still makes for a good (bad) joke :D

GaryWT, since I've been to CocoCay (and thought it beautiful) I'd love to see HMC one day.

I also have to vote Labadee as one of the 'suckiest' places to visit, private retreat though it is :(

Cindy

About 99% sure that HAL and Carnival are the only two lines that go to HMC.

I love it there SO much. Cannot wait to return. We first stopped there on Fantasy and loved the itinerary so much we did the exact same cruise 6 months later on Elation and I insisted a friend of mine come with us. She used to travel a lot and said it was the nicest beach she's ever seen.

Hmmm...I wonder...if Oceania had their own island, do you think they might name it O Cay? :p :D

Cindy

Actually the term okay comes from the french "au quay" meaning on the dock. When goods were unloaded the workers would repeatedly hear au quay, au quay,au quay.

One of my favorite things to do on a cruise is to visit a private island and my goal was to visit all the cruiseline's private islands. Coco Cay is great and Castaway Cay is simply amazing. But once I visited Half Moon Cay, I realized I had found Paradise! Since I am not quite ready to transition to HAL, I am thrilled that Carnival goes there. Everyone should visit there at least once in their lifetime!

Food in included just like on the ship. You still have to pay for special drinks though. If HMC is nicer than Coco Cay, then I'm seriously excited to go. Coco Cay was paradise and I would have gladly stayed there the whole time!

Food in included just like on the ship. You still have to pay for special drinks though. If HMC is nicer than Coco Cay, then I'm seriously excited to go. Coco Cay was paradise and I would have gladly stayed there the whole time!

That's great! A nice relaxing and inexpensive day! I love the idea of walking off the ship and the beach, etc being right there, too. So much easier!

Was funny...I saw comments a girl made in the threads that she didn't want to swim in the same ocean the ship was in (Coz you can see the ship from the beach)!

I was kinda wondering how she could swim in a DIFFERENT ocean than where the ship was!!!! Cracked me right up!;) :D

I also recommend that if you don't feel compelled to be up nearest the tender port and the band and all the other "action" but just want somewhere to sit and relax, walk on down the beach toward "Water Sports Center 2" and find a couple of chairs and/or hammock down there. It's close to the picnic area, there is still a bar and plenty of staff walking around with drinks.

We went down there and rented a clamshell after standing in line for about 15 minutes at WSC1 only to be told they were sold out at that end of the beach.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/assets/cruise-destinations/HalfMoonCay_Map.pdf

I can't wait to go back! Have I mentioned how much I love it there? :D

Archived