Just off Inspiration 4/17-4/21...any questions

Jebiford29

How was it??? Food? Motion?? Pools?? please do tell!!!

I didn't notice propulsion problems as we always moved forward and backward and side to side when we needed. But seriously, we were cruising at 17-19 knots at the peak (that I saw), so it's not really an issue. We got to Cozumel 8:00 ship time, 7:00 local time. That could be the "hour late" issue everyone's talking about. I mean, has anyone thought that maybe the itinerary has port times as local time and the ship is just on ship time? Also, what real difference does one hour make? You get there an hour later, and leave an hour later. No time taken away in port, just shifted. I don't get why a lot of folks on here are freaking out about it. It's no big deal, imo.

The food was good. At dinner, it was the first time on any cruise (my 5th on Carnival) that they didn't offer some sort of steak selection each night (other than the pan seared steak offered as an alternative each night, which I don't really count). No Beef Wellington, no Chateaubriand, no escargot as an appetizer. But whatever, no big deal. Overall, the food was standard Carnival fare...really good.

Motion was no big deal. A little rough leaving Cozumel, but other than that, we barely notice her moving at all.

The updated pool areas were nice. Crowded, as always, during sea days, but never did I go without being able to find a chair. The Waterworks area, WOW. That was the highlight of the ship for me (and my son as well). GREAT addition to the ship, in my opinion.

I'm trying to finish up a review that I'll post in the next day or so.

Until then, any more questions?

Also, what real difference does one hour make? You get there an hour later, and leave an hour later. No time taken away in port, just shifted. I don't get why a lot of folks on here are freaking out about it.

If somebody had scheduled an excursion on their own, then the time change may have affected that? But I guess that's the chance you take when you don't book your excursions through the ship ...

Looking forward to reading your entire review ... sounds like you had a great time!

Great! Thanks for the info -

How was the formal night? Are men still wearing tuxes and suits or can men get away with just slacks and a nice shirt?

thanks

I saw a LOT less tuxes, suits, etc. this cruise than in ones past. Even I wore a long sleeve shirt, no tie, not jacket, and slacks on formal night. But for me, that had more to do with having kids there than anything else. I didn't see shorts or anything of that nature on formal night, but did notice some on other nights. Of course, no one was turned away from the dining room. But that doesn't bother me at all.

We are on 5 day sailing in Feb and our cabin is midship/slightly aft. We have requested 8pm dining. Any idea which dining room we might be assigned? Also.....how many formal nights and which night(s)?

Thanks.

I didn't notice propulsion problems as we always moved forward and backward and side to side when we needed. But seriously, we were cruising at 17-19 knots at the peak (that I saw), so it's not really an issue.

So there wasn't a note when you boarded explaining a propulsion problem. I believe other posters have stated they were given a flyer or something stating the arrival time into Cozumel was going to be delayed due to propulsion issues.

Sounds like she is ship shape now, cruising at 17-19 knots!

We are on 5 day sailing in Feb and our cabin is midship/slightly aft. We have requested 8pm dining. Any idea which dining room we might be assigned? Also.....how many formal nights and which night(s)?

Thanks.

No idea which dining room you'll be in. I've been all over the ship and in both dining rooms on all cruises. I think it has to do with availability and demographic or something. No idea.

There's only 1 formal night for all cruises 6 days and less.

Archived