Tampa - Rental Car Drop-off/Pick-up Near Port?

MississippiMom

I know that there are rental cars available at the Tampa airport, but are there any near the cruise port? I'd like to check out the prices for one-way rentals, since there seem to always be so many specials coming out of Florida, but I'd like to know if it is even feasible.

Thanks!

I know that there are rental cars available at the Tampa airport, but are there any near the cruise port? I'd like to check out the prices for one-way rentals, since there seem to always be so many specials coming out of Florida, but I'd like to know if it is even feasible.

Thanks!

Most of the major car rental agencies have a free shuttle to and from the port. I have used Dollar and Alamo and saw shuttles for Avis, Hertz and Budget at the port. Take your pick.

Hertz has a desk at the Marriott Waterside, which is close to the cruise port. Our pre-cruise Hertz reservation (from Orlando) does not include a fee for dropping the car at the Marriott, but the quote to pick up a car there post-cruise was ridiculously high -- we went with an airport rental instead.

Archived